Problem with Right-Click mapping and HP iPAQ 1710

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

compiler

Problem with Right-Click mapping and HP iPAQ 1710

Post by compiler »

Hi ...

First of all, thanks for this wonderful PocketPC port of ScummVM :)

I'm having an strange problem with all scummvm versions I've tested (0.6.2, 0.7.1 and 0.8.2)...

In any game (Last Crusade, MI 1, MI 2, DOTT, and so) I open the Keyboard Mapping menu, and I map the right click to a button (I've tested all buttons except for the first one, that opens the scummvm menu).

When I try to right-click an item to execute the secondary action, it pop-ups the in-game PAUSE menu ("Game Pause - Press SPACE blablablabah"). Always. But when I return to the game after that strange pause, the secondary action is execute.

I entered then the mapping menu another time and I noticed that NONE of the other keys where mapped (i.e. PAUSE = No key, and so). So I mapped the PAUSE key to a different button.

After that, Right Clicking is openning the Scummvm menu just like pussing the first (calendar) button.

So I am totally unable to configure scummvm properly so that any button does rightclick correctly, the game always does the rightclick action plus anything more (like PAUSING, or opening the menu).

I have an HP iPAQ 1710, any ideas / help is welcome.

Thanks.
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

Delete your scummvm.ini file. You'll have to re-scan for games but the keys should work OK.
compiler

Post by compiler »

knakos wrote:Delete your scummvm.ini file. You'll have to re-scan for games but the keys should work OK.
Hi.

I already tried that and it didn't worked.

But ... I SOLVED THE PROBLEM!

The problem is that for the RIGHT-CLICK assignment I can't used the main PDA keys (calendar, tasks, email and Today-Screen). If I try to assign any of these keys, the Scumm Menu pops-up.

But I noticed that if I map RIGHT-CLICK to the arrow keys (up, right, left or down) buttons, it works!

It's strange, because the other functions work with the main keys (i.e. PAUSE = email-key is working).

:?

Thanks anyway for your reply, I hope this can help to other 1710 users :)
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

That's strange. Ca you please post your "action_mapping" line from scummvm.ini, in order for us to fix any potential bug?

Kostas
compiler

Post by compiler »

knakos wrote:That's strange. Ca you please post your "action_mapping" line from scummvm.ini, in order for us to fix any potential bug?

Kostas
Of course, this is my current config (and it works):

[pocketpc]
action_mapping=011d 0000 0000 0114 0112 0113 0000 0111 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000
action_mapping_version=4

With that:

Right-click = ARROW LEFT
Pause = 4th main key (TODAY SCREEN)
Skip = ARROW DOWN
Hide = ARROW RIGHT

And All other = none.

If I set Right-click to any of the 4 main keys (calendar, tasks, mail or today screen) it works, but after the right-click it opens the game menu.

In case it can help, when I map any of the keyboard arrows, the scancode is displayed, but when I map any of the keys that do not work correctly, is displayed the keycode + something like F1, or F2, or F3 or F4 in the keyboard mapping screen.

knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

compiler wrote: In case it can help, when I map any of the keyboard arrows, the scancode is displayed, but when I map any of the keys that do not work correctly, is displayed the keycode + something like F1, or F2, or F3 or F4 in the keyboard mapping screen.
If you mean something other than "F1 (hard 1)", then that's the problem right there. The keyboard driver inserts spurious keystrokes. I've seen this once and found no elegant solution, except blocking "invalid" keystrokes which is a quite bad practice. So, for now this will have to stay as is. Sorry :(

K.
compiler

Post by compiler »

knakos wrote:If you mean something other than "F1 (hard 1)", then that's the problem right there. The keyboard driver inserts spurious keystrokes. I've seen this once and found no elegant solution, except blocking "invalid" keystrokes which is a quite bad practice. So, for now this will have to stay as is. Sorry :(

K.
For me the problem is solved, I'm just using UP, DOWN, LEFT and RIGHT arrows and this works perfect.

At least this thread will be available here to help other iPAQ rz1710 in case they suffer the same problem and need a workaround :)

Another time thanks for your work on ScummVM :)