Any progress on Full Throttle?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

rick_meadows

Any progress on Full Throttle?

Post by rick_meadows »

Hello all

I created an account specifically for this.

By Googling Full Throttle on iPad, I came across a topic from this forum where the poster would complain about the controls of the game on a touch screen setup, specially on the Mine Road segment of the game, that relies heavily on keyboard control rather than the mouse.

It's been years since that topic, so I'm wondering if there was any progress on that department? I'm currently stuck at the Mine Road and can't progress. I'm aware you can exploit a cheat (Shift+V) to beat the bikers, and I've done so, but now that I've gotten the Cavefish goggles, Ben just keeps putting them on and off and I can't control anything. Also, it's incredibly difficult to control the bike since it keeps going to the main road without my command.

Anyway, my question it, is the ScummVM iPhone team working on fixes for those problems? Maybe use a custom keyboard like DOSPAD does? I dunno.

Peace!
Duss321

Post by Duss321 »

If you have the googles on you won't have to worry about control. With the goggles on you'll steer automaticly. And you only have to tap the screen if you want to exit to the freeway, otherwise you'll be driving along a scripted path.
I managed to put them on, but to be honest it was a while ago, but i'll try to look into it when i have the time.

I recal vaguelly that i double tapped a few times in a row. Sometimes it brought up the menu/inventory and sometimes Ben Puts the goggles on. Again i'll try to look into it and reply when i have the time.

EDIT:
Allright, found the solution for you: you need to engage click and drag mode (touch screen with 1 finger and slide from bottom to top with the next) then at the exact moment Ben puts the goggles on you need to tap and hold with 2 fingers at the same time.

This works for me, tried it a few minutes ago. Anyway hope this helps!
tsoliman
ScummVM Developer

Post by tsoliman »

As a workaround in the meantime, assuming you have a PC/Mac/whatever that you can install the same version of ScummVM as your iOS device, put your saves there, get over that segment, save, put the saves back into the iOS device.
*inhale*
Duss321

Post by Duss321 »

Yep that's also an option. But i managed to play through Full Throttle on my ipad/iphone without any trouble whatsoever. Only the goggle issue is a bit messed up. But like i said, just touch and hold 2 fingers on the screen when Ben puts them on and thats it. Then you will be able to continue the game.

P.s. You've got to watch the credits till the end and read some of the stuff thats in there. Cracked me up tbh. 8) :lol: