Samsung galaxy note n7000 - no sound

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

sprudel

Samsung galaxy note n7000 - no sound

Post by sprudel »

Hi there,
I have installed latest stable ScummVM (1.4.1) on my Samsung Galaxy Note with Android 2.3.6 (4 is not yet available officially).
I have tried to run several games (e.g. Loom). The games works perfectly but I have no sound.
I also checked all possibilities I have in the settings, but no luck.
Any hints from anybody?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Tom
Exolon

Post by Exolon »

Hi,

I have proper sound on my note n7000. Used 1.4.0 and now the RC for 1.5.0. No sound problems, at least with Dreamweb and Simon.

Exo
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Samsung galaxy note n7000 - no sound

Post by eriktorbjorn »

sprudel wrote: I have tried to run several games (e.g. Loom). The games works perfectly but I have no sound.
Not that I know anything about Android, but when you say "no sound", do you mean no sound effects, no music and/or no speech?

In the case of Loom, other than the notes I don't remember there being much sound effects, there is only occasional music, and I think only the DOS CD version has speech. (And for that one, the sound effects, music and speech all come from one long audio track on the CD.)
sprudel

Post by sprudel »

Sorry for the confusion guys...
I have checked the game Loom with the Windows port of ScummVM and there is a message box coming up in the very beginning that this game needs CD tracks ;-)
@eriktorbjorn: So you are absolutely right...

By the way I have switched to Android ICS 4.0.3 but I think this has nothing to do with this...