Harmattan port?

Discussion about other and unofficial ports of ScummVM

Moderator: ScummVM Team

FastIkarus

Post by FastIkarus »

andei wrote:The N9 doesn't have a hardware synth or TiMidity packages, so MIDI music isn't really supported at the moment. WildMidi is in the official Harmattan repository, but I'm not sure if it works with ScummVM.
Oh I didn't know that. Wouldn't it be possible to disable midi in your port? I think it would be much better than those silent crashes :)
tsoliman
ScummVM Developer

Post by tsoliman »

There's always the adlib emulator. (That's what maemo uses)
snc

Post by snc »

andei wrote:Here's an updated Nokia N9 port for testing:

scummvm_1.4.1_armel.deb

And here are the sources and a patch for SDL:

scummvm-1.4.1-harmattan_10052012.diff.gz
x11-alt-fix-event-coordinates.gz

A modified Harmattan SDL library (preferably statically linked) is needed for building this version. Skip the x11-fix-event-coordinates patch and use the one above. It calculates how much empty space is around the window and adjusts and clips touchscreen event coordinates accordingly. Not the most elegant solution perhaps, but it makes ScummVM happy.

Assembly optimized scalers, aspect ratio correction and different resolution games should be fixed now. I don't have The Curse of Monkey Island to test, so can you give it a spin Orologiaio? Just remove the old ScummVM package before installing this new one.

Hope everything works. :)
Nice!
Been waiting for this :)
How exactly do I install this? :o

Thanks!
FastIkarus

Post by FastIkarus »

snc wrote: Nice!

Thanks!
You have to allow installing app from 3rd sources (Settings - Applications - Installation in your phone). Then just somehow copy file to your phone, e.g. using mass storage, send it to your email, download from web and open it.

-----

Andei, one more question. I guess "full fullscreen" cannot be easily done now, but would be possible to make black areas responding to touches? I really like touchpad control mode and if it would work over whole display, it would be wonderful.
snc

Post by snc »

FastIkarus wrote:
snc wrote: Nice!

Thanks!
You have to allow installing app from 3rd sources (Settings - Applications - Installation in your phone). Then just somehow copy file to your phone, e.g. using mass storage, send it to your email, download from web and open it.

-----

Andei, one more question. I guess "full fullscreen" cannot be easily done now, but would be possible to make black areas responding to touches? I really like touchpad control mode and if it would work over whole display, it would be wonderful.
Ok thanks, where do I place the patch (the 2 additional files) or are they executable files?
FastIkarus

Post by FastIkarus »

snc wrote: Ok thanks, where do I place the patch (the 2 additional files) or are they executable files?
You don't need those, those are for developers.
snc

Post by snc »

FastIkarus wrote:
snc wrote: Ok thanks, where do I place the patch (the 2 additional files) or are they executable files?
You don't need those, those are for developers.
Thanks got it working. Playing Monkey island 3 and it works fine, just cannot seem to save; the cursor does not want to go below a point where the save button is located but everything else seems to work fine.

Thanks andei for the port!
andei

Post by andei »

FastIkarus wrote:Wouldn't it be possible to disable midi in your port? I think it would be much better than those silent crashes :)
Yeah, I'll disable TiMidity in the next release. Most mobile device ports seem to have it disabled anyway. A nice sounding softsynth would be cool to have, but the cpu requirements are on the heavy side.
FastIkarus wrote:I guess "full fullscreen" cannot be easily done now, but would be possible to make black areas responding to touches? I really like touchpad control mode and if it would work over whole display, it would be wonderful.
That could work great! It will seriously mess up the coordinates handling and non-touchpad mode... but hmm, I'll see if it can be done. And unfortunately full stretched fullscreen will have to wait for now.
andei

Post by andei »

snc wrote:Playing Monkey island 3 and it works fine, just cannot seem to save; the cursor does not want to go below a point where the save button is located but everything else seems to work fine.
Eeek, that's a bug. Sorry about that snc and everyone else... I honestly thought I fixed it already. Try enabling Aspect ratio correction (either globally or just for this one game) in Graphics options. Pointer movement should work again.
snc

Post by snc »

andei wrote:
snc wrote:Playing Monkey island 3 and it works fine, just cannot seem to save; the cursor does not want to go below a point where the save button is located but everything else seems to work fine.
Eeek, that's a bug. Sorry about that snc and everyone else... I honestly thought I fixed it already. Try enabling Aspect ratio correction (either globally or just for this one game) in Graphics options. Pointer movement should work again.
That fixed it, thanks!
snc

Post by snc »

Broken sword II works perfectly!
FastIkarus

Post by FastIkarus »

andei wrote:
FastIkarus wrote:I guess "full fullscreen" cannot be easily done now, but would be possible to make black areas responding to touches? I really like touchpad control mode and if it would work over whole display, it would be wonderful.
That could work great! It will seriously mess up the coordinates handling and non-touchpad mode... but hmm, I'll see if it can be done. And unfortunately full stretched fullscreen will have to wait for now.
Fantastic, looking forward to it :)
andei

Post by andei »

Here's version 1.5.0 of the unofficial ScummVM Nokia N9 port:

scummvm_1.5.0_armel.deb

And here's the source code diff and changelog:

scummvm-1.5.0-harmattan.diff.gz

- Updated to ScummVM 1.5.0 codebase
- Enabled pretty FreeType font rendering
- Fixed touchscreen coordinates bug in CoMI (reported by snc)
- Disabled unusably large 3x graphic modes
- Removed TiMidity support

Things are starting to calm down after a busy summer and I have time to work on this port again. I also built FluidSynth and TiMidity++ for N9, but unfortunately the hardware is not powerful enough for smooth game music playback. Same goes for the MT-32 emulator. So AdLib sound it is then... or PC speaker. Beep! :)
Freddo

Post by Freddo »

Nice, thanks for 1.5.0 :)
Gloome

Post by Gloome »

Thanks, I am testing now.