Curse of monkey island/Tap and hold menu impossible

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Doktorn

Curse of monkey island/Tap and hold menu impossible

Post by Doktorn »

There is a problem with the current mouse implementation. On a PC you press and hold the left mouse button to open up a menu to select which action to perform. On the current android port this will become a right click or a centre click.
This means that the keyboard will need to be used constantly to select ie t for talk. However, the keyboard hides all game information, so you can't see where the cursor is located. It's an unfortunate inconvenience for supporting single touch screens.

I would give a toe or two for the option to disable the tap-and-hold for other mouse buttons and a proper long press...

Or are there any other solution that has not been documented?
I'm on the Galaxy Nexus by the way.

Thank you for all hard work with the port so far.
goetz

Post by goetz »

Just to be sure: By "tap and hold", do you mean to tap the screen and leave the finger on the screen?

In COMI (curse of monkey island), you can open the menu by double-click and hold, i.e.: double tap quickly and on the second tap leave the finger on the screen until the skull menu appears. Then move the cursor to the right menu choice and release the finger.

Hope this helps. :) BTW, this is documented in several posts in the forum and there is also a nice WIKI page on these topics:

http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Android
Doktorn

Post by Doktorn »

Wow thanks!