Sam & max hit the road

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

thedors

Sam & max hit the road

Post by thedors »

How do you stop the rotating restraunt? I know you click the switch on the binoculars but it doesn't seem to work on my ipod. Is this a bug? I thought that Sam and Max compatibility was Completed?
clem

Re: Sam & max hit the road

Post by clem »

thedors wrote:How do you stop the rotating restraunt? I know you click the switch on the binoculars but it doesn't seem to work on my ipod. Is this a bug? I thought that Sam and Max compatibility was Completed?
are you sure you completed the necessary actions to be able to stop the restaurant?

... you know, they probably don't want all the guests to muck around with the controls

also forum rule 1, this question is more than vaguely familiar by now
thedors

Post by thedors »

I've kinda figured it out (took me half an hour of stressing out and retracing my game to make sure everythign is right)

You can turn the switch but it takes both fingers on the screen (double click) and ridiculous amounts of effort... Single clicking the switch wont work.

I've managed to stop the spinning once (unfortunately in the wrong place >:/ )

It's just kinda tough...
adlabac

Re: Sam & max hit the road

Post by adlabac »

thedors wrote:How do you stop the rotating restraunt? I know you click the switch on the binoculars but it doesn't seem to work on my ipod. Is this a bug? I thought that Sam and Max compatibility was Completed?
The same problem is on Windows, as well. I found the solution, thanx to this Lucas Forums post: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=178517. It might help you work on Mac, too:
professor99 @ LucasForums wrote:Below the binoculars viewport there is is dial/needle bordered by a semicircle. This is the speed control. To enable the control you must rightclick close to the right of the centre of this semicircle. From then on rightclicks anywhere in the semicircle will move the needle to the right and alternatively leftclicks will move it to the left. I let you figure out the rest.