ScummVM logo Forum Index - ScummVM website - Contact us - Buy Supported Games: GOG.comDotEmu  Rules - Search - Register - Login curved edge
Folder Forum Index > Other Ports > Harmattan port? Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Harmattan port?
  Author    Thread Reply to topic
tsoliman
ScummVM Developer

This is great news.

Please look at maemosdl-events.cpp for an example of how to activate the virtual keyboard.

Alternatively, you can use the keymapper to do so.

See the wiki for more info.
Let us know if you need any help with development (IRC is best for this).
Good luck.

Post Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:07 pm 
Orologiaio

Whoa, that's really great news!
If you need help with testing, I'm willing to offer as volunteer Wink

Perhaps you should also post in this thread on talk.maemo.org, you could get some help there too!

Post Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:39 pm 
Freddo

threeheaded, I wish you the best of luck with this. The lack of ScummVM is the only reason I haven't bought a N9 yet even though I do want one.

Post Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:39 pm 
blubberlutsch

Could someone tell me how to launch that program?

I installed it via the h:r:h rzr repo

When I try to execute the binary it says:

code:
line 1: syntax error: unexpected word (expecting ")")

Post Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:19 am 
Orologiaio

Any news? Wink

Post Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:58 am 
andei

Here's a ScummVM 1.4.1 port for Nokia N9: scummvm_1.4.1_armel.deb

I simply duplicated Maemo port functionality to a new Harmattan target, merged gesture handling from the WebOS port and added volume up / down button support. Any Maemo or WebOS specific code was removed. Packaging was also updated and contains a cute Harmattan style application launcher icon. I'll upload the source code as soon as it's been cleaned up a bit.

Stuff that works:
- Touchscreen gestures - see http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/WebOS
- Nokia N9 hardware volume control buttons
- ScummVM virtual keyboard

Things to fix:
- Assembly optimized 2x scaler crashes ScummVM and had to be disabled.
- Changing aspect ratio correction or switching to 1x scaler from the GUI is buggy.

Post a note if additional bugs or missing features are found. My programming experience is fairly slim, so just don't ask for anything too complicated. Smile

Post Thu May 03, 2012 6:55 pm 
tsoliman
ScummVM Developer

quote:
Originally posted by andei
I'll upload the source code as soon as it's been cleaned up a bit.

Good work! However, the GPL is being violated while you withhold source. Sorry.
Post Thu May 03, 2012 7:01 pm 
andei

I know, sorry about the delay. The source will be up for grabs tomorrow. Just need to remove my silly work in progress style comments from the code... I'm too much of a perfectionist to leave those in.

Post Thu May 03, 2012 7:14 pm 
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

quote:
I know, sorry about the delay. The source will be up for grabs tomorrow. Just need to remove my silly work in progress style comments from the code... I'm too much of a perfectionist to leave those in.

I would like to ask you to release exactly the same source you used for building the binary. This is a requirement of the GPL. If you don't want to do that please stop distribution of the binary built with an "unpublishable" source and use your cleaned up source instead.
Post Thu May 03, 2012 8:27 pm 
andei

Here are the Harmattan port sources. Just unpack the file and build it in Scratchbox the Maemo port way (ln -s backends/platform/harmattan/debian; dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc). It's 99% recycled existing ScummVM code, so all credit goes to the awesome original authors. Cheers!

scummvm-1.4.1.tar.gz

The linked binary a few posts up is now rebuild using these exact sources. Only a few comment lines written in my native language were removed. Hopefully this clears everything up, and again - I'm deeply sorry. Sad

Now to get some much needed sleep... it's been a long day.

Post Thu May 03, 2012 10:14 pm 
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

quote:
Here are the Harmattan port sources. Just unpack the file and build it in Scratchbox the Maemo port way (ln -s backends/platform/harmattan/debian; dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc). It's 99% recycled existing ScummVM code, so all credit goes to the awesome original authors. Cheers!

scummvm-1.4.1.tar.gz

The linked binary a few posts up is now rebuild using these exact sources. Only a few comment lines written in my native language were removed. Hopefully this clears everything up, and again - I'm deeply sorry. :(

Now to get some much needed sleep... it's been a long day.

Thanks. A patch against the ScummVM sources would be nice to have though, that helps to see what exactly you changed. We prefer that over whole source snapshots actually.
Post Fri May 04, 2012 12:14 am 
Freddo

This is brilliant, thank you so much! I better order a N9 now Razz

Do you plan on doing future updates as well? ScummVM 1.5.0 is hopefully released in a not too distant future with Dreamweb support.

Post Fri May 04, 2012 1:23 am 
Orologiaio

quote:

Here's a ScummVM 1.4.1 port for Nokia N9: scummvm_1.4.1_armel.deb

I simply duplicated Maemo port functionality to a new Harmattan target, merged gesture handling from the WebOS port and added volume up / down button support. Any Maemo or WebOS specific code was removed. Packaging was also updated and contains a cute Harmattan style application launcher icon. I'll upload the source code as soon as it's been cleaned up a bit.

Stuff that works:
- Touchscreen gestures - see http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/WebOS
- Nokia N9 hardware volume control buttons
- ScummVM virtual keyboard

Things to fix:
- Assembly optimized 2x scaler crashes ScummVM and had to be disabled.
- Changing aspect ratio correction or switching to 1x scaler from the GUI is buggy.

Post a note if additional bugs or missing features are found. My programming experience is fairly slim, so just don't ask for anything too complicated. Smile

THANK YOU.
My N9, while always cool, is now just simply cooler.
WebOS gestures work great! I'd like to be able to play fullscreen, but for now I haven't been able to. No matter what, this is so cool and I'm so happy about it I can forgive everything. Razz

Again, THANK YOU.
Post Fri May 04, 2012 3:15 am 
andei

quote:
Originally posted by LordHoto
Thanks. A patch against the ScummVM sources would be nice to have though, that helps to see what exactly you changed. We prefer that over whole source snapshots actually.

No problem LordHoto, here's the patch and the new launcher icon from dists/harmattan directory:

scummvm-1.4.1-harmattan.diff.gz
scummvm.png

There are two additional single line patches in the debian directory that get applied by the build system. These are temporary workarounds for the scaler bug and will be gone once it's resolved.

And Freddo and Orologiaio - thank you, I'm really happy to hear that! My wish in putting this together was to contribute something to this lovely project and that it would brighten up a N9 users day. I do plan on updating the port, at least until a more skilled programmer can adopt it. Cool
Post Fri May 04, 2012 12:15 pm 
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by LordHoto

No problem LordHoto, here's the patch and the new launcher icon from dists/harmattan directory:

scummvm-1.4.1-harmattan.diff.gz
scummvm.png

There are two additional single line patches in the debian directory that get applied by the build system. These are temporary workarounds for the scaler bug and will be gone once it's resolved.

And Freddo and Orologiaio - thank you, I'm really happy to hear that! My wish in putting this together was to contribute something to this lovely project and that it would brighten up a N9 users day. I do plan on updating the port, at least until a more skilled programmer can adopt it. 8)

Thanks.
Post Fri May 04, 2012 2:02 pm 
Reply to topic