The Feeble Files wrong language detection

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Agusia

The Feeble Files wrong language detection

Post by Agusia »

Hi All. :)
I want to play this game on my PSP but when I add this game I can't change the language to polish. :(
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Do you mean ScummVM identifies the game as something else than it really is? I thought ScummVM was supposed to recognize the Polish versions of the game, but perhaps there are others?

(If it turns out that you don't have the Polish version after all, there's probably nothing that ScummVM can do to change the language of it.)
Agusia

Post by Agusia »

I've got the polish version of the game. ScummVM identifies it as an english version and the language change option is faded. I've tried it on the computer and here is the same. When I turn on the game I've got voices in polish but texts are in english.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Agusia wrote:When I turn on the game I've got voices in polish but texts are in english.
All text, or just the subtitles? (At least for the English version the original game didn't show subtitles at all, so I guess it's quite possible that they're not translated.)
Agusia

Post by Agusia »

I've only turned it on for about few minutes. There aren't subtitles in the game as far as I know but the inventory is in english and labels of the items in the world are also in english, although the main menu is in polish. I've played this game long time ago and it was all in polish.
Kirben

Post by Kirben »

Where did you get this Polish version? as it sounds like this an bad or unofficial port. All the text is stored in the data files, seems like it was not completely translated in this version. That is why the game is been incorrectly detected as English version too.

The 2CD and 4CD Polish versions of The Feebles Files have been previously reported already.
Agusia

Post by Agusia »

I've got this game from the polish magazine from 2001. It's a 2 CD version.
Kirben

Post by Kirben »

Agusia wrote:I've got this game from the polish magazine from 2001. It's a 2 CD version.
The currently supported Polish 2CD version was reported as been included with a magazine too.

Do you have a game33 file? as that is where the Polish text should be stored, judging by previous post on Polish 2CD version.
Agusia

Post by Agusia »

I've got the game33 file on CD, but I haven't copied it to the PSP, because I've used this tutorial: http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Dataf ... les.2C_The