Pointer won't move on 1.4.1 (GP2X-F100)

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's GP2X, GP2X Wiz and Caanoo ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Bunny

Pointer won't move on 1.4.1 (GP2X-F100)

Post by Bunny »

I've installed 1.4.1 on my GP2X-F100, running 3.0.0 firmware. When I launch it, the main menu screen appears, but I can't get the pointer to budge from the top left hand corner, no matter what I press. Therefore, I can't add any games.

I've read the wiki page here, which simply says that the joystick moves the pointer. I've looked at the GP2X wiki, which is no use as it's out of date. I've read the readme files (both generic and GPH-specific) in the archive, and couldn't find anything.

I did notice one difference in the actual scummvm.gpe file, which was the way the game is launched:

In 1.2.0, it's simply:

Code: Select all

./scummvm.gph
In 1.4.1, it's:

Code: Select all

./scummvm.gph --fullscreen --gfx-mode=1x --config=$(pwd)/.scummvmrc
I tried editing the one in 1.4.1 to the simpler version used in 1.2.0, but the problem persisted.

I don't have this problem in 1.2.0, so I can use that for almost all the games I own, but I would like to play Backyard Baseball, and that's one of the few games that has significantly improved compatibility between the two versions. Can anyone help, please?
DJWillis
ScummVM Porter

Post by DJWillis »

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply, I'll dig out one of my GP2X's and have a look. Can't say I noticed such an issue in testing.

You may also want to try a daily build and see if you still have the problem there - http://buildbot.scummvm.org/builds.html

Note, the daily builds WILL be slower as they contain debug information and are not optemised.
elboato

same problem

Post by elboato »

Hi!

I have the same Problem with my GP2x F200. Did anybody solve the problem?

All the best,
elboato
elboato

hmm - maybe not

Post by elboato »

Hmm. Maybe not. The problem seemed to be related with a recent firmware update of my GP2x... (i changed back to 4.0 now --- it seems i have an old GP2x F200 (even though it says "F200(B)" on the back) --- and on this old F200 the touchpad is a different one)

Back to ScummVM: In 1.2.1 it works fine now. In 1.4.1 the curser drifts to the left all the time (its the same, whether i use the touchpad or the curser keys....)

Is there a bug-tracking system somewhere to raise a bug?

All the best,
Martin
DJWillis
ScummVM Porter

Post by DJWillis »

Hi,

Can you try the newer 1.5.0 release as these sort of problems should have been fixed up.

Thanks,

John