No way to hold clicks ?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Slaythe

No way to hold clicks ?

Post by Slaythe »

Hi, this is the first time I use Scumm on IOS. So I'm not sure it is a bug.

While trying to play Full Throttle, I realized I could not hold down the left click. After researching the wiki, I saw there were two modes. Which I was able to activate easily and I could see the difference between the two right away.

Thing is, no matter what I use, I can not pull off the " hold " feature.
I tried for a while. After checking YouTube videos, I decided to post here because I clearly was doing things " right ", unless something changed.

Device : IPhone 4S
Scummvm : last version currently on cydia
Problem : inability to hold down clicks, no matter what mode is used

Thanks for the help !
Slaythe

Post by Slaythe »

And keyboard arrows does not seem to work.

Both those problems occur in every game.

Any fix ?
popocho

Post by popocho »

Hi!

I don't know what you're doing, but this was helpful for me. I think that you need the activation of the Click+Drag Mode:

From the wiki:

Hold one finger on screen, swipe another up from bottom to top. In this mode, a mouse click is sent immediately when you touch the screen, drags to wherever you slide your finger, and releases where you lift your finger. If you press down a second finger in this mode, you effectively release the left mouse button, and press down the right one (which is then released when you lift your finger again). Useful for Monkey Island 3: The Curse of Monkey Island and Full Throttle.
chuckzz

Post by chuckzz »

Is it that necessary I mean do users have to do that in all games? See I’m planning to buy an iPhone so just curious about it.