Issues getting games in Directory

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's WebOS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

wellzy4eva

Issues getting games in Directory

Post by wellzy4eva »

Hello,

I couldn't find anywhere that people have had this issue, but I apologise in advance if it's already been answered.

I have downloaded ScummVM 1.4.1 from the ScummVM website and installed the application with webOSQuickinstall, and it loads okay, however whenever I go to add a game it defaults to this directory media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.scummvm.scummvm/

In This directory is the bin, data, doc and lib folders along with files:
- appinfo.json
- icon.png
- scummvmrc-default
- start

I have installed a selection of games (including Monkey Island 1, IJ: Fate of Atlantis, Sam and Max and Flight of the Amazon Queen (from the scummvm website) into the media/internal/ScummVM/Games directory (A directory I had to create) and none of the games can be recognised.

I have tested all the games and have had no issues with them on my pc, I have made sure the directory names match the SCUMMVM standards as well.

People have mentioned in previous posts to delete the config file from the SCummVM folder but I do not have one in there and cannot get access to the one in the cryptofs folder.

Previous to this I have also tried the app from the App Store and had the same issues.
kayahr
ScummVM Porter

Re: Issues getting games in Directory

Post by kayahr »

wellzy4eva wrote: People have mentioned in previous posts to delete the config file from the SCummVM folder but I do not have one in there and cannot get access to the one in the cryptofs folder.
It's good to finally get in contact with someone who experiences this problem. Unfortunately others prefer to write bad reviews which doesn't really help because I can't contact these people.

Well, first of all, some standard questions:

1. Which device do you use [Pre, Pre 2, Touchpad, ... ]?
2. Which operating system version are you using?

You say you have installed the version from the ScummVM website so I assume you already have enabled the developer mode on your phone, yes? Do you have experience with running commands on your phone using the novaterm program? If yes, then this could be really helpful in finally finding the cause of this problem.
wellzy4eva

Post by wellzy4eva »

I am running on a standard Palm Pre, updated to webOS 1.4.5.

I have only recently acquired this phone and originally developer mode was not enabled when I first tried to get ScummVM to work.

I have since enabled the developer mode, I use webOSQuickInstall to put Preware on my device and have had no issues with Preware, nor issues with applying patches, updates or applications.

The current version of ScummVM I have installed, as I mentioned previously was installed using WebOSQuickInstall-4.4.0.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled ScummVM multiple times.

I have never used novaterm.
kayahr
ScummVM Porter

Post by kayahr »

wellzy4eva wrote:I have never used novaterm.
Hm, too bad. But maybe you want to give it a try? Here are some instructions how to get novaterm running:

http://wiki.rootzwiki.com/index.php/HP_Touchpad

If you manage to get it running and you get a shell prompt of your phone when you run novaterm on your computer then inform me. I will then give you a bunch of commands to execute which will output stuff which is useful to find the problem.

Alternatively you can try installing a terminal program from Preware. With WebOS 1.4.5 you may have more luck finding one which still works. But when using a terminal program on your phone it's hard/impossible to copy/paste the output to the forum so Novaterm is the better alternative.
wellzy4eva

Post by wellzy4eva »

Okay, I'll give it a shot, I'll send a message if I can get it all installed and working
wellzy4eva

Post by wellzy4eva »

okay, connected:

I now have a prompt stating:
root@palm-webos-device:/#
kayahr
ScummVM Porter

Post by kayahr »

wellzy4eva wrote:root@palm-webos-device:/#
Great! Ok, let's start with some information gathering. Please send me the output of these commands

Code: Select all

ls -la $(which readlink dirname mkdir cp test) /bin/sh
ls -lad /media/internal/scummvm
ls -la /media/internal/scummvm
ls -lad /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.scummvm.scummvm
ls -la /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.scummvm.scummvm
mount
If you are currently using the ScummVM version from the app catalog then replace "org.scummvm.scummvm" with "com.github.kayahr.scummvm".
wellzy4eva

Post by wellzy4eva »

root@palm-webos-device:/# ls -la $(which readlink dirname mkdir cp test) /bin/sh

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 7 Sep 10 2009 /bin/cp -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 7 Sep 10 2009 /bin/mkdir -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 7 Sep 10 2009 /bin/sh -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 17 Sep 10 2009 /usr/bin/dirname -> ../../bin/busybox
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 17 Sep 10 2009 /usr/bin/readlink -> ../../bin/busybox
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 17 Sep 10 2009 /usr/bin/test -> ../../bin/busybox

root@palm-webos-device:/# ls -lad /media/internal/scummvm

drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 32768 Feb 7 21:29 /media/internal/scummvm

root@palm-webos-device:/# ls -la /media/internal/scummvm

drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 32768 Feb 7 21:29 .
drwxr-xr-x 16 root root 32768 Jan 1 1970 ..
drwxr-xr-x 6 root root 32768 Feb 9 19:08 Games
root@palm-webos-device:/#

root@palm-webos-device:/# ls -lad /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.scummvm.scummvm

drwxr-xr-x 7 root root 32768 Feb 11 16:24 /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.scummvm.scummvm

root@palm-webos-device:/# ls -la /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.scummvm.scummvm

drwxr-xr-x 7 root root 32768 Feb 11 16:24 .
drwxr-xr-x 32 root root 32768 Jan 26 20:15 ..
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 0 Feb 11 15:10 .2432
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 0 Feb 11 15:13 .2659
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 0 Feb 11 15:41 .3780
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 0 Feb 11 16:04 .4010
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 0 Feb 11 16:12 .4166
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 0 Feb 11 16:24 .4294
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 256 Feb 11 15:09 .pulse-cookie
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 32768 Feb 11 15:09 .scummvm
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 183 Jan 26 20:15 appinfo.json
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 32768 Feb 11 15:08 bin
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 32768 Feb 11 15:08 data
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 32768 Feb 11 15:08 doc
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 3290 Jan 26 20:15 icon.png
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 32768 Feb 11 15:08 lib
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 621 Jan 26 20:15 scummvmrc-default
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 562 Jan 26 20:15 start
kayahr
ScummVM Porter

Post by kayahr »

Ok, so far it looks correct (But you haven't given me the output of "mount").

Now let's try to start scummvm manually:

Code: Select all

cd /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.scummvm.scummvm
./start
Again send me the output on the console. And please check if there is something new in the /media/internal/ScummVM directory now (It should have created the directories "Games" (which is already there), "Saves", "Screenshots" and the file "scummvmrc").
wellzy4eva

Post by wellzy4eva »

Mount (be warned, there may be some duplication, for some reason the copy and paste duplicated some lines and it's hard to spot in all this code)

root@palm-webos-device:/# mount
rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)
/dev/root on /boot type ext3 (ro,data=ordered)
/dev/mapper/store-root on / type ext3 (ro,data=ordered)
proc on /proc type proc (rw)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw)
/dev/mapper/store-root on /dev/.static/dev type ext3 (ro,data=ordered)
tmpfs on /dev type tmpfs (rw)
/dev/mapper/store-var on /var type ext3 (rw,noatime,data=writeback)
/dev/mapper/store-log on /var/log type ext3 (rw,noatime,data=ordered)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw)
tmpfs on /tmp type tmpfs (rw)
tmpfs on /var/run type tmpfs (rw)
tmpfs on /media/ram type tmpfs (rw)
cryptofs on /media/cryptofs type fuse.cryptofs (rw,nosuid,nodev,user_id=0,group_id=0,allow_other)
none on /dev/cgroup type cgroup (rw,cpu)
extractfs on /var/luna/data/extractfs type fuse.extractfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,user_id=0,group_id=0)
tmpfs on /var/palm/jail/org.scummvm.scummvm/tmp type tmpfs (rw)
/dev/mapper/store-root on /var/palm/jail/org.scummvm.scummvm/lib type ext3 (ro,nosuid,data=ordered)
/dev/mapper/store-root on /var/palm/jail/org.scummvm.scummvm/bin type ext3 (ro,nosuid,data=ordered)
/dev/mapper/store-root on /var/palm/jail/org.scummvm.scummvm/usr/bin type ext3 (ro,nosuid,data=ordered)
/dev/mapper/store-root on /var/palm/jail/org.scummvm.scummvm/usr/lib type ext3 (ro,nosuid,data=ordered)
/dev/mapper/store-root on /var/palm/jail/org.scummvm.scummvm/usr/palm/frameworks type ext3 (ro,nosuid,data=ordered)
/dev/mapper/store-root on /var/palm/jail/org.scummvm.scummvm/usr/share type ext3 (ro,nosuid,data=ordered)
tmpfs on /var/palm/jail/org.scummvm.scummvm/var/run/dbus type tmpfs (rw)
/dev/mapper/store-var on /var/palm/jail/org.scummvm.scummvm/var/lib/dbus type ext3 (rw,noatime,data=writeback)
proc on /var/palm/jail/org.scummvm.scummvm/proc type proc (rw)
tmpfs on /var/palm/jail/org.scummvm.scummvm/dev/snd type tmpfs (rw)
tmpfs on /var/palm/jail/org.scummvm.scummvm/dev/shm type tmpfs (rw)
/dev/mapper/store-root on /var/palm/jail/org.scummvm.scummvm/etc/ssl type ext3 (ro,nosuid,data=ordered)
tmpfs on /var/palm/jail/org.scummvm.scummvm/dev/logdir type tmpfs (rw)

/dev/mapper/store-var on /var/palm/jail/org.scummvm.scummvm/var/luna/preferences type ext3 (rw,noatime,data=writeback)
tmpfs on /var/palm/jail/org.scummvm.scummvm/var/run type tmpfs (rw)
cryptofs on /var/palm/jail/org.scummvm.scummvm/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.scummvm.scummvm type fuse.cryptofs (rw,nosuid,nodev,user_id=0,group_id=0,allow_other)
/dev/mapper/store-media on /media/internal type vfat (rw,fmask=0022,dmask=0022,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8)
/dev/mapper/store-media on /var/palm/jail/org.scummvm.scummvm/media/internal type vfat (rw,fmask=0022,dmask=0022,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8)
tmpfs on /var/palm/jail/org.webosinternals.visualboyadvance/tmp type tmpfs (rw)
/dev/mapper/store-root on /var/palm/jail/org.webosinternals.visualboyadvance/lib type ext3 (ro,nosuid,data=ordered)
/dev/mapper/store-root on /var/palm/jail/org.webosinternals.visualboyadvance/bin type ext3 (ro,nosuid,data=ordered)
/dev/mapper/store-root on /var/palm/jail/org.webosinternals.visualboyadvance/usr/bin type ext3 (ro,nosuid,data=ordered)
/dev/mapper/store-root on /var/palm/jail/org.webosinternals.visualboyadvance/usr/lib type ext3 (ro,nosuid,data=ordered)
/dev/mapper/store-root on /var/palm/jail/org.webosinternals.visualboyadvance/usr/palm/frameworks type ext3 (ro,nosuid,data=ordered)
/dev/mapper/store-root on /var/palm/jail/org.webosinternals.visualboyadvance/usr/share type ext3 (ro,nosuid,data=ordered)
tmpfs on /var/palm/jail/org.webosinternals.visualboyadvance/var/run/dbus type tmpfs (rw)
/dev/mapper/store-var on /var/palm/jail/org.webosinternals.visualboyadvance/var/lib/dbus type ext3 (rw,noatime,data=writeback)
proc on /var/palm/jail/org.webosinternals.visualboyadvance/proc type proc (rw)
tmpfs on /var/palm/jail/org.webosinternals.visualboyadvance/dev/snd type tmpfs (rw)
tmpfs on /var/palm/jail/org.webosinternals.visualboyadvance/dev/shm type tmpfs (rw)
/dev/mapper/store-root on /var/palm/jail/org.webosinternals.visualboyadvance/etc/ssl type ext3 (ro,nosuid,data=ordered)
tmpfs on /var/palm/jail/org.webosinternals.visualboyadvance/dev/logdir type tmpfs (rw)
/dev/mapper/store-var on /var/palm/jail/org.webosinternals.visualboyadvance/var/luna/preferences type ext3 (rw,noatime,data=writeback)
/dev/mapper/store-media on /var/palm/jail/org.webosinternals.visualboyadvance/media/internal type vfat (rw,fmask=0022,dmask=0022,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8)
cryptofs on /var/palm/jail/org.webosinternals.visualboyadvance/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.visualboyadvance type fuse.cryptofs (rw,nosuid,nodev,user_id=0,group
_id=0,allow_other)
tmpfs on /var/palm/jail/org.webosinternals.visualboyadvance/var/run type tmpfs (rw)
tmpfs on /var/palm/jail/com.vocshopgames.chess/tmp type tmpfs (rw)
/dev/mapper/store-root on /var/palm/jail/com.vocshopgames.chess/lib type ext3 (ro,nosuid,data=ordered)
/dev/mapper/store-root on /var/palm/jail/com.vocshopgames.chess/bin type ext3 (ro,nosuid,data=ordered)
/dev/mapper/store-root on /var/palm/jail/com.vocshopgames.chess/usr/bin type ext3 (ro,nosuid,data=ordered)
/dev/mapper/store-root on /var/palm/jail/com.vocshopgames.chess/usr/lib type ext3 (ro,nosuid,data=ordered)
/dev/mapper/store-root on /var/palm/jail/com.vocshopgames.chess/usr/palm/frameworks type ext3 (ro,nosuid,data=ordered)
/dev/mapper/store-root on /var/palm/jail/com.vocshopgames.chess/usr/share type ext3 (ro,nosuid,data=ordered)
tmpfs on /var/palm/jail/com.vocshopgames.chess/var/run/dbus type tmpfs (rw)
/dev/mapper/store-var on /var/palm/jail/com.vocshopgames.chess/var/lib/dbus type ext3 (rw,noatime,data=writeback)
proc on /var/palm/jail/com.vocshopgames.chess/proc type proc (rw)
tmpfs on /var/palm/jail/com.vocshopgames.chess/dev/snd type tmpfs (rw)
tmpfs on /var/palm/jail/com.vocshopgames.chess/dev/shm type tmpfs (rw)
/dev/mapper/store-root on /var/palm/jail/com.vocshopgames.chess/etc/ssl type ext3 (ro,nosuid,data=ordered)
tmpfs on /var/palm/jail/com.vocshopgames.chess/dev/logdir type tmpfs (rw)
/dev/mapper/store-var on /var/palm/jail/com.vocshopgames.chess/var/luna/preferences type ext3 (rw,noatime,data=writeback)
/dev/mapper/store-media on /var/palm/jail/com.vocshopgames.chess/media/internal type vfat (rw,fmask=0022,dmask=0022,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8)
cryptofs on /var/palm/jail/com.vocshopgames.chess/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.vocshopgames.chess type fuse.cryptofs (rw,nosuid,nodev,user_id=0,group_id=0,allow_other)

tmpfs on /var/palm/jail/com.vocshopgames.chess/var/run type tmpfs (rw)

Can I also note for your records that I have a World Ready 1.3 and I am using the English network O2.
wellzy4eva

Post by wellzy4eva »

root@palm-webos-device:/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.scummvm.scummvm# ./start

Using configuration file: /media/internal/ScummVM/scummvmrc
WARNING: Failed loading plugin '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.scummvm.scummvm/lib/libagi.so' (Failed loading /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.scummvm.scummvm/lib
/libagi.so: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.scummvm.scummvm/lib/libagi.so: undefined symbol: __bswapsi2)!
WARNING: Failed loading plugin '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.scummvm.scummvm/lib/libagos.so' (Failed loading /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.scummvm.scummvm/li
b/libagos.so: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.scummvm.scummvm/lib/libagos.so: undefined symbol: __bswapsi2)!
WARNING: Failed loading plugin '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.scummvm.scummvm/lib/libcine.so' (Failed loading /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.scummvm.scummvm/li
b/libcine.so: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.scummvm.scummvm/lib/libcine.so: undefined symbol: __bswapsi2)!
WARNING: Failed loading plugin '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.scummvm.scummvm/lib/libcruise.so' (Failed loading /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.scummvm.scummvm/
lib/libcruise.so: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.scummvm.scummvm/lib/libcruise.so: undefined symbol: __bswapsi2)!
WARNING: Failed loading plugin '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.scummvm.scummvm/lib/libgob.so' (Failed loading /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.scummvm.scummvm/lib
/libgob.so: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.scummvm.scummvm/lib/libgob.so: undefined symbol: __bswapsi2)!
WARNING: Failed loading plugin '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.scummvm.scummvm/lib/libgroovie.so' (Failed loading /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.scummvm.scummvm
/lib/libgroovie.so: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.scummvm.scummvm/lib/libgroovie.so: undefined symbol: __bswapsi2)!
WARNING: Failed loading plugin '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.scummvm.scummvm/lib/libhugo.so' (Failed loading /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.scummvm.scummvm/li
b/libhugo.so: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.scummvm.scummvm/lib/libhugo.so: undefined symbol: __bswapsi2)!
WARNING: Failed loading plugin '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.scummvm.scummvm/lib/libkyra.so' (Failed loading /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.scummvm.scummvm/li
b/libkyra.so: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.scummvm.scummvm/lib/libkyra.so: undefined symbol: __bswapsi2)!
WARNING: Failed loading plugin '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.scummvm.scummvm/lib/libmade.so' (Failed loading /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.scummvm.scummvm/li
b/libmade.so: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.scummvm.scummvm/lib/libmade.so: undefined symbol: __bswapsi2)!
WARNING: Failed loading plugin '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.scummvm.scummvm/lib/libmohawk.so' (Failed loading /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.scummvm.scummvm/
lib/libmohawk.so: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.scummvm.scummvm/lib/libmohawk.so: undefined symbol: __bswapsi2)!
WARNING: Failed loading plugin '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.scummvm.scummvm/lib/libparallaction.so' (Failed loading /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.scummvm.sc
ummvm/lib/libparallaction.so: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.scummvm.scummvm/lib/libparallaction.so: undefined symbol: __bswapsi2)!
WARNING: Failed loading plugin '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.scummvm.scummvm/lib/libqueen.so' (Failed loading /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.scummvm.scummvm/l
ib/libqueen.so: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.scummvm.scummvm/lib/libqueen.so: undefined symbol: __bswapsi2)!
WARNING: Failed loading plugin '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.scummvm.scummvm/lib/libsaga.so' (Failed loading /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.scummvm.scummvm/li
b/libsaga.so: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.scummvm.scummvm/lib/libsaga.so: undefined symbol: __bswapsi2)!
WARNING: Failed loading plugin '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.scummvm.scummvm/lib/libsci.so' (Failed loading /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.scummvm.scummvm/lib
/libsci.so: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.scummvm.scummvm/lib/libsci.so: undefined symbol: __bswapsi2)!
WARNING: Failed loading plugin '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.scummvm.scummvm/lib/libscumm.so' (Failed loading /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.scummvm.scummvm/l
ib/libscumm.so: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.scummvm.scummvm/lib/libscumm.so: undefined symbol: __bswapsi2)!
WARNING: Failed loading plugin '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.scummvm.scummvm/lib/libsword1.so' (Failed loading /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.scummvm.scummvm/
lib/libsword1.so: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.scummvm.scummvm/lib/libsword1.so: undefined symbol: __bswapsi2)!
WARNING: Failed loading plugin '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.scummvm.scummvm/lib/libtinsel.so' (Failed loading /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.scummvm.scummvm/
lib/libtinsel.so: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.scummvm.scummvm/lib/libtinsel.so: undefined symbol: __bswapsi2)!
WARNING: Failed loading plugin '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.scummvm.scummvm/lib/libtoon.so' (Failed loading /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.scummvm.scummvm/li
b/libtoon.so: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.scummvm.scummvm/lib/libtoon.so: undefined symbol: __bswapsi2)!
WARNING: Failed loading plugin '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.scummvm.scummvm/lib/libtsage.so' (Failed loading /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.scummvm.scummvm/l
ib/libtsage.so: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.scummvm.scummvm/lib/libtsage.so: undefined symbol: __bswapsi2)!

It did open Scummvm, it opened in the ScummVM/Gates folder and it also did create a 'saves' 'screenshots' and scummvmrc file in the ScummVM folder.

It still does not allow any games to be added.
kayahr
ScummVM Porter

Post by kayahr »

wellzy4eva wrote:WARNING: Failed loading plugin '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.scummvm.scummvm/lib/libtsage.so' (Failed loading /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.scummvm.scummvm/l
ib/libtsage.so: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.scummvm.scummvm/lib/libtsage.so: undefined symbol: __bswapsi2)!
Oh, no, not THAT again... Well, that's not good. Looks like the current ScummVM build is again not compatible with WebOS 1.4.5. This happened before (Back when Palm didn't provide a SDK for Linux) and I was able to fix it by using a different compiler toolchain. But now Palm provides an official SDK for Linux and ScummVM is built with that one and the problem is back...

Problem is, I only have access to WebOS 2.x devices so I'm currently not able to test this. Have to find some old Pre and doctor it with an old OS. But looks like there is no quick fix.

If you think you can't live without ScummVM then you could update your phone to WebOS 2 with the MetaDoctor from WebOS INternals:

http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/WebOS_2_Upgrade

I already did this with a Pre 1 and it works great (And ScummVM also works on it).

Thanks for the time you have investigated so far. I'll keep you informed about further progress.
wellzy4eva

Post by wellzy4eva »

I can live without ScummVM, I'd read that with the original Palm Pre as it only had 256mb RAM, it lagged a lot with WebOS 2 which is why I haven't upgraded.

Do you feel it works better now on WebOS 2? (as I have noticed that a lot of posts that relate to the original Pre were dated back to 09/10) as I'd rather have 1.4.5 running smoothly than version 2 lagging a bit.

I'm glad I could give you some information to help with any investigations you are doing.
kayahr
ScummVM Porter

Post by kayahr »

wellzy4eva wrote:Do you feel it works better now on WebOS 2? (as I have noticed that a lot of posts that relate to the original Pre were dated back to 09/10) as I'd rather have 1.4.5 running smoothly than version 2 lagging a bit.
Hm. Hard to say. My main phone is a Pre 2. My daughter uses my old Pre 1 (With WebOS 2) and did not complain yet. But this Pre is also overclocked to 1GHz (Using the custom kernel in Preware) so a comparison with a stock Pre 1 running WebOS 1.4.5 isn't really possible. I can only say it is definitely a little bit slower than my Pre 2 but usable.

You may try it out and switch back to 1.4.5 if you don't like it. But create a new Palm Profile for the WebOS 2 test because when you use your existing one then as far as I know you can't switch back to WebOS 1.4.5 because the profile is somehow upgraded to WebOS 2 and is then incompatibly to WebOS 1.
wellzy4eva

Post by wellzy4eva »

I may look into porting my phone to 2.1 in the future.

Right now I've just nabbed an old version of ScummVM 1.3.1 that'll do for me for now :)

If anyone else is having the same issue, you can get older version from http://sourceforge.net/projects/scummvm/files/scummvm/