The Reason The PSP Struggles With Monkey Island 3 (COMI)

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Legionnare

The Reason The PSP Struggles With Monkey Island 3 (COMI)

Post by Legionnare »

I think its to do with the resolution of the game. For instance if you press start the option boxes appear distorted, and if you try to load or save a game look how big the screen is. I believe if someone can find away of getting MI3 to output the same resolution as the rest of the older Lucasarts adventure games, it will run alot smoother.
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

No
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

Resolution plays a role, but a fairly small one. Mostly it's things like cutscenes and animations that use a more resource intensive format in COMi than in the earlier games

Note that COMI does run on the same resolution as the earlier games on the PSP, it's just downscaled from the original. Which means a small performance hit, but an unavoidable one if you want the game to run at all.
Legionnare

Post by Legionnare »

Vinterstum wrote:Resolution plays a role, but a fairly small one. Mostly it's things like cutscenes and animations that use a more resource intensive format in COMi than in the earlier games

Note that COMI does run on the same resolution as the earlier games on the PSP, it's just downscaled from the original. Which means a small performance hit, but an unavoidable one if you want the game to run at all.
I've noticed when you start COMi in the PC in ScummVM the window is much bigger.
clem

Post by clem »

Legionnare wrote: I've noticed when you start COMi in the PC in ScummVM the window is much bigger.
yes, BS1, BS2 and CoMI run at 640x480, most other games run at 320x200 (amounts to 320x240 with aspect ratio correction)
Mosquito

Post by Mosquito »

Do NOT compress the sound and it will run much smoother. The downside is that it requires 900mb on your MC. But when you love you don't count, especially if you have a 2gb MC like me :lol: