Acekard 2i on 3DS: Mouse not working

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Fizz

Acekard 2i on 3DS: Mouse not working

Post by Fizz »

Hi,

just a quick message: with the current stable build, the mouse is not working when used with an Acekard 2i on a 3DS (current firmware). When I put the Acekard in a common DS, it works as expected.

When pressing the Home button while in ScummVM on the 3DS, the touchscreen responds on selections in the context menu, but not in ScummVM.

-- Michael
TinkyJo

Post by TinkyJo »

I have the same problem using the Supercard DStwo on the 3DS. Other home brew apps work fine, but the mouse is unusable on the home screen of the current build.
ledreppe

Post by ledreppe »

I have the same problem with the latest scummvm build using R4ids gold on 3DS, the mouse cursor wont move. I can't add any games because of it, someone please help!
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

Well the 3DS isn't exactly supported so you can't expect it to work.
ledreppe

Post by ledreppe »

Red_Breast wrote:Well the 3DS isn't exactly supported so you can't expect it to work.
So we have to wait until a version of ScummVM is released that will work with the 3DS?
TinkyJo

Post by TinkyJo »

Red_Breast wrote:Well the 3DS isn't exactly supported so you can't expect it to work.
Perhaps. However all other DS homebrew apps seem to treat the 3DS as though it were a DSi when using the Supercard DStwo, and all of these apps have worked without glitches so far. Moreover, all other functions on the ScummVM home screen seem to work on the 3DS. This makes me think that the mouse issue may be fixable without a major overhaul to the port.
FredWallace18

Post by FredWallace18 »

ledreppe wrote:I have the same problem with the latest scummvm build using R4ids gold on 3DS, the mouse cursor wont move. I can't add any games because of it, someone please help!
I second the problem with R4iDS.
TinkyJo wrote:However all other DS homebrew apps seem to treat the 3DS as though it were a DSi
Yeah, that's the thing, isn't it? But I don't pretend to fully understand all of this, so I'll patiently wait... and use the Android one. Thanks ScummVM!
another world

Post by another world »

which R4i gold are you having problems with? there are a few different versions (some clones of others) that can be identified by the URL on the sticker of the flash kit.

-another world
TinkyJo

Post by TinkyJo »

Any additional information on this? I was having the mouse issue with the Supercard DStwo on the 3DS.
studio42

3DS + R4i SDHC newest version, not working.

Post by studio42 »

Any news on this topic?

I have a 3DS + R4i SDHC, newest kernel and firmware, Its the same story.

The cursor does not work on the touch screen, so no games can be added nor played. ScummVM seems to be working fine in the background.

Hope this gets fixed soon, should not need much work/code to get it working again.

It's probably as simple as that the 3DS has some newer touchpad, with different name or call that just needs to be altered in the ScummVM code for it to work again.
uomoartificiale

Post by uomoartificiale »

on the GBAtemp forums (section Nintendo 3ds -> hacking & homebrew) I posted a build that should solve the issue for 3DS users.

gbatemp.net/topic/320542-working-scummvm-ds-build-for-3ds/