Caanoo Question

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's GP2X, GP2X Wiz and Caanoo ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

foleyjo

Caanoo Question

Post by foleyjo »

Hi DJWillis firstly I would like to say great work on this.

Next I have a bug report. In the Toonstruck game when talking to the scarecrow (or carecrow) the game freezes.

Finally I have a request. Would it be possible to add an image viewer like the one in the PSP port.
The image viewer allows the ability to look at things like maps, or codes. This useful in the sierra games like Police Quest.
tsoliman
ScummVM Developer

Re: Caanoo Question

Post by tsoliman »

foleyjo wrote: Next I have a bug report. In the Toonstruck game when talking to the scarecrow (or carecrow) the game freezes.
We appreciate the bug report and would appreciate it if you'd post it to the bug tracker (per forum rule 3a)
foleyjo

Post by foleyjo »

:oops: sorry

I'll go post it there now.
DJWillis
ScummVM Porter

Post by DJWillis »

foleyjo wrote:Finally I have a request. Would it be possible to add an image viewer like the one in the PSP port.
The image viewer allows the ability to look at things like maps, or codes. This useful in the sierra games like Police Quest.
Hi,

It's not something on my list as we don't have the functionality built into a fixed SDK like the PSP does so it would require a far bit more code and hacking about.

That said, I am not adverse to the idea of doing it in a way that would work on all the GPH devices but not sure there is a clean or nice way to easily do it ;).

John
foleyjo

Post by foleyjo »

OK and thanks for the reply.
DJWillis
ScummVM Porter

Post by DJWillis »

foleyjo wrote:Next I have a bug report. In the Toonstruck game when talking to the scarecrow (or carecrow) the game freezes.
Hi, there is nothing in this build that especially fixes any Toonstruck stuff but can you try the appropriate 1.4.1 build for your device below and let me know how you get on please.

GP2X
GP2XWiz
Caanoo
foleyjo

Post by foleyjo »

Hi

Reading my responses on the bug report form it seems that my problem was related to the game files.
I have since discovered an issue with the SD card I was using and it was causing bad performance with emulated games on my Caanoo.
I have formatted the card and in the process of copying the cd files back to it. I will try with this build and let you know the results.
foleyjo

Post by foleyjo »

Tested and now I have a new problem. I think though it is sd card related.

The game crashes back to the main caanoo screen when doing the Virgin games intro, and there are lots of new graphical anomolies.
The reason I think it's sd card related is because I get similar problems when I play games on the PS1 emulator and the mega cd emulator when using the same SD.

So I am sorry to have reported this as it was a false report.