ScummVM logo Forum Index - ScummVM website - Contact us - Buy Supported Games: GOG.com Rules - Search - Register - Login curved edge
Folder Forum Index > Dreamcast Port > .(a) files and random restarting
.(a) files and random restarting
  Author    Thread Reply to topic
bms

.(a) files and random restarting 

first off i have some games that have .(a) files associated with them and when i try to play one on the dreamcast it says it can not find the .(a) file but it is on the disc. and i was trying many games for scummvm when i ran into one putt putt saves the zoo to be exact and it just randomly restarts on the dc. just starts reloading the plugins and goes to the game select list. can anyone help.

Post Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:04 pm 
Scorched Earth

How did you build the disc image?

You need to set mkisofs to accept the "()" bracket characters with a certain parameter. Sorry, I don't remember off the top of my head what it was.

The other option is to open the engine plugin "ENGINE_NAME.PLG" in a hex editor, and replace the brackets "(a)" with something like underscores "_a_". Rename the file names on your PC to underscores, create, and burn the image.

-edit-

Yes, it was the "-relaxed-filenames" parameter. Check this forum here for manually building DC images, and just add that parameter to the mkisofs line.

Post Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:47 pm 
Reply to topic