SKin problem with E2

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Palm port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

TroyMcClure

SKin problem with E2

Post by TroyMcClure »

hi
i try to launch scumm to my E2 and i have a problem, he just say me " No skin found , scumm will start in direct mode" after i see the soft with no skin.

Perhaps i copy the defaut skin in the wrong forlder ?

Thanks for your help, and sorry for my poor english
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

in your zip file there should be a file called skin.prc, you should install this at the same time that you install scummvm.prg using the palmos quick install tool or whatever you use to synch data to your handheld, but you can do this any time.
In fact there are many other skins available @
http://capers.free.fr/ScummVM/index.php
as well as newer test versions, and SVN snapshots
TroyMcClure

Post by TroyMcClure »

thanks for your help now it's good for the skin but i have a memory problem when i select the game " day of tentacle "
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

what exactly is the error?
TroyMcClure

Post by TroyMcClure »

now it's good, it was just because i stop Scumm with a reset; i reinstal cumm and now i could play, it's little slow with the sound but i could play if close the sound.
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

you shoud try the ARM version at the link i gave you, i use this on my E2. It has full sound and music and runs at pretty much normal speed. If you do be sure to read the readme file that comes in the zip to see what files you will have to replace in your scummvm\mods folder on your card. also if your using one of the 0.7.* builds avilable, you can improve the game speed more by checking the ARM optimization box (but if you want full sound and music i reccomend upgrading to the latest stable arm version available on chrillith's page)

EDIT

Also if you do upgrade, be sure to select your card by tapping the card icon at the top left of the screen (on the default skin, otherwise you can find this in the pull down menus) and select your card name. this prevents you from getting an 'unable to find 000.lfl' or similar error message
TroyMcClure

Post by TroyMcClure »

ok i download the zip who name arm(test) and i try

edit / ouuuaah it's really better "Vive scumm sur palm "