Jouneyman Project Pegasus Prime

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

monster99f150
Got a warning

Jouneyman Project Pegasus Prime

Post by monster99f150 »

I noticed clone2727 has the game fully playable in scummVM. question is when is it gonna be playable for us in the latest daily build? I had expected this for Xmas or new years....but those 2 events are past now and nothing, no news. So sad nobody believes in surprises this year. I guess 2012 is the end of how things used to be.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

As he stated, he is working with the IP owners in order to obtain required permissions. So far only he can see the sources, not even me as the project lead :). So please be patient.

Eugene
clone2727
Retired

Re: Jouneyman Project Pegasus Prime

Post by clone2727 »

monster99f150 wrote:I noticed clone2727 has the game fully playable in scummVM. question is when is it gonna be playable for us in the latest daily build? I had expected this for Xmas or new years....but those 2 events are past now and nothing, no news. So sad nobody believes in surprises this year. I guess 2012 is the end of how things used to be.
Geez, man, have a little patience! I would love to get this into my repo as quickly as possible too. Can't rush legal things :wink:
monster99f150
Got a warning

Post by monster99f150 »

oh I got patience.. I literally visit your blog on a daily basis to see if there's anything new about TJP: Pegasus Prime. I dont think theres anyone else as devoted as I am, I find myself literally obsessed with the game. I check every morning and night ever since Feb 21/2011. I'm on 64-bit windows and sheepshaver sucks, switching CD's so can't get past a certain early pout in the game.

I just can't wait to play it. Hey I have a question, did you have to extract the files from all 3 or 4 CDs, because there's a directory on there with a / it's called closing opening or something and that character is not valid on a windows filesystem. Will it just be replaced with a space instead?
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

monster99f150 wrote:I just can't wait to play it. Hey I have a question, did you have to extract the files from all 3 or 4 CDs, because there's a directory on there with a / it's called closing opening or something and that character is not valid on a windows filesystem. Will it just be replaced with a space instead?
On OS X, you can still keep the forward slash, but on other systems one must replace it with an underscore for the code to work. Same with the Norad monitor file. Not that this matters yet since the code isn't online :wink:
monster99f150
Got a warning

Post by monster99f150 »

Doesn't mean I can't have the files on my hard drive patiently waiting when I can fire up scummVM and enjoy playing the game all day and night. =)
Paolo86

Post by Paolo86 »

The same things happens to me with dreamweb. I just happen to be luckier than you 'cause that's already partially playable :)
scoriae

Post by scoriae »

you guys require legal permissions just to add a game to scummvm now? That can't be right, i must be misunderstanding what the permissions are for.
fuzzie
ScummVM Developer

Post by fuzzie »

scoriae wrote:you guys require legal permissions just to add a game to scummvm now? That can't be right, i must be misunderstanding what the permissions are for.
This engine is based on source code provided by the original authors (like Tinsel, BASS, FotAQ, Hugo, etc), so it needs to get a final OK before it can be made public.
monster99f150
Got a warning

Post by monster99f150 »

Any updates??
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

No..
monster99f150
Got a warning

Post by monster99f150 »

Darn..
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Yeah
SirPrimalform

Post by SirPrimalform »

The recent release of The Journeyman Project 3 on GOG got me thinking about this. I wonder if the possibility of a GOG release would provide an incentive for the rights holder to allow the Pegasus Prime support to be included in ScummVM?

I don't know if GOG are aware of the PP support or not, but it might be worth someone here contacting them about this since they would have more clout to negotiate with whoever owns PP now.
Is it Presto Studios or Namco Bandai who owns this remake by the way?
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

SirPrimalform wrote:The recent release of The Journeyman Project 3 on GOG got me thinking about this. I wonder if the possibility of a GOG release would provide an incentive for the rights holder to allow the Pegasus Prime support to be included in ScummVM?

I don't know if GOG are aware of the PP support or not, but it might be worth someone here contacting them about this since they would have more clout to negotiate with whoever owns PP now.
Patience, patience. The problem is not "we don't want it in ScummVM" it's "there's a couple legal things to clear up first".

However, I am already (and have been for a while) in direct contact with the guys from Presto. These things just take time.