Lands of Lore

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Corvus

Lands of Lore

Post by Corvus »

I know that it only has graphics decoding in common with Legend of Kyrandia, but i'm curious if you have thought about supporting this (and other games on the same engine ?) on scummvm.

Thank you for your hard work,
olki
ScummVM Developer

Post by olki »

As much as I love Lands of Lore, it is completely out of the scope of Scummvm since it is not an adventure game.

I believe it works fine with Dosbox though.
cappuchok

Post by cappuchok »

In fact, I have it on good authority that there's a fair bit of code (probably graphics and sfx/music code at the very least, but that's just a guess) that is common to Kyrandia, Lands of Lore and Dune II. However, the latter two are definitely out of ScummVM's scope. But if someone did decide to make a GPL'd portable engine for one of those, my guess is that there would be a lot to learn from the ScummVM implementation of the Kyra engine.
Oehli

Post by Oehli »

most likely it's already known...
http://sourceforge.net/projects/westpak2/
Corvus

WestPak2

Post by Corvus »

I knew about WestPak2, but it has been abandoned some time ago. I've been thinking myself of work a little on it, but i don't have time too (and maybe knowledge too, but i think anything is possible with time),
clem

Post by clem »

apparently even C&C has some similarities with the kyra engine, and kyra1 and c&c are 4 years apart - talk about code recycling ;-)
spk64

Post by spk64 »

clem wrote:apparently even C&C has some similarities with the kyra engine, and kyra1 and c&c are 4 years apart - talk about code recycling ;-)
Okay LOL^^
That's a cool information about C&C
Where to find information such as this?

I would be interested in what games have more in common!

I'm a very great Freak^^ about Games and her engines.
I love to build games in model and level editors!