Kings Quest 5 right mouse click problem

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

rubejb

Kings Quest 5 right mouse click problem

Post by rubejb »

I've been having an odd issue with KQ5 on my phone. It runs ok, but when I tap the search button to right click and change the icon, instead of just going to the next, it constantly cycles through all of the options like walk, talk, use, etc.

I can tap the screen to get it to stop, but it's like playing Wheel of Fortune or spinning the wheel on the Price is Right. You can't really tell where it's going to stop.

I haven't tried many Sierra games because of this, figuring it was something to do with the Sierra (AGI or SCI, I can never remember which the later VGA games are). However, I just tried Freddy Pharkus and it works fine. I tap search and it stops at the next option.

Any ideas as to what is causing this and what a solution would be? Are there different input methods to use for right click?

I'm using the latest 1.40 from the market, including the plugins that I need. My phone is a Motorola Triumph, which has touch-style menu buttons instead of physical ones if that makes a difference.

Thanks!
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Which version of KQ5 is that?
rubejb

Post by rubejb »

md5 wrote:Which version of KQ5 is that?
DOS non-talkie version. I'm currently downloading the Kings Quest Collection I have on Steam to see if that version works any differently.

edit:

Ah, that did it. The Steam version works great, plus it has the bonus of full speech.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Can you please file a bug report?