Which games would you like to be supported on the future?

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Mustrum

Post by Mustrum »

Jack Orlando
Mutation of J.B
The Prince and the Coward (Win95/98)
from TopWare Interactive.
Pseudo_Intellectual

Post by Pseudo_Intellectual »

shredder wrote:Mortville Manor would be a nice addition.
A question there would be wondering how much, if any, code was shared between the Lankhor adventure games (Maupiti Island, Fugitif, Black Sect). I appreciate that this won't advance this suggestion's priority on any imaginary queue, but it does help to maintain a bigger picture perspective on the game's technical context.
hexagone

Post by hexagone »

For Lankhor :
1. Maupiti Island
2. Morteville Manor

My favorites (after scummvm compatibilities) :
1. Future Wars : Time Travellers (Les voyageurs du temps), Delphine Software
2. Operation Stealth, Delphine Software
3. Phatasmagoria 1 & 2
4. Gabriel Knight 2 : The Beast Within
elvaka

Post by elvaka »

I see that some of you mentioned the Pink Panther games, I also loved that games and would like to see them running on ScummVM!

I have done some research and the two games seem to use the same game engine. The have a big .ORB file where they save all the data, and several smaller files with text strings in them.

I've seen (in the game credits) that the engine was developed by someone called Mike Wu, maybe if we find him he could give us more details :D
edforth

Post by edforth »

dare to dream
ERKAN

Post by ERKAN »

IMO, another interesting game that should be supported is The Chronicles of Amber: Nine Princes in Amber (Хроники Амбера: Девять принцев Амбера) based on Roger Zelazny's fiction. It was released in 1998 by the Russian developer Saturn (Сатурн) and was made for MS-DOS (WTF?)
The developer was developing a sequel, but after the crisis in 1998 they got defunct and soon reemerged as Saturn +
Sadly, their website is unavailable, but they still make new adventure games that are usually published by Buka.
Well... The good thing is that this game is their first game, it's unlikely to be sold nowadays, and I have some old e-mails of the company for those who are interested in them
here's some screenshots of the game and it's videos:
Albert07

Post by Albert07 »

Agharta
Blade Runner
Dracula - The Resurrection
Dracula 2 - The Last Sanctuary
Gabriel Knight 1-3
Grim Fandango
Post Mortem
Space Quest 1-6
Still Life
The Last Express
Buried in Time
Escape from Monkey Island
Harvester
LOST EDEN
Neverhood
Shivers 2
Shizarium
syberia
Tex.Murphy 1-5
discworld noir
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Albert07 wrote: Gabriel Knight 1-3
From what I understand, Gabriel Knight 1 is at least partly playable with the development version of ScummVM, but the focus so far has been on earlier versions of the SCI engine. Gabriel Knight 2 uses an even later version of SCI, and I have no idea if there has been any work done on that yet. (I'm not involved with the SCI engine myself.) Gabriel Knight 3 uses a 3-D engine so it's outside the scope of ScummVM.
Albert07 wrote: Grim Fandango
Escape from Monkey Island
The 3-D models put them outside the scope of ScummVM, but there is the Residual project. Grim Fandango is supposedly "completable with a few minor glitches". Last time I tried Escape from Monkey Island with it, it only got as far as displaying a few static screens from the credits before crashing.
Albert07 wrote: Space Quest 1-6
Space Quest 1-5 should be supported already. Space Quest 6 supposedly uses more or less the same version of SCI as Gabriel Knight 2.
Albert07 wrote: The Last Express
There is an in-progress engine for it, but apparently the game is hard-coded rather than scripted. That means it will be a lot of work, and there hasn't been much progress on it lately. (I guess the developer needed a break from it.) I believe only the early parts of the game are playable.
Ingsoc

Post by Ingsoc »

Igor: Objective Uikokahonia
Fable (1996)
Innocent Until Caught
Darkseed
Torin's Passage
Bobbin

Post by Bobbin »

Ingsoc wrote:Igor: Objective Uikokahonia
There was an engine in development, unfortunately it never got far and was even removed from the project. Seems like this was one of the harder games to reverse engineer, I wouldn't expect anyone else picking this up anytime soon.
Ingsoc wrote:Innocent Until Caught
This seems still being worked on with the last major commit in July.
Ingsoc wrote:Darkseed
Darkseed II was rather far into development as far as I could judge from drmccoy's blog. Maybe he will pick it up again after Fascination is done.
Ingsoc wrote:Torin's Passage
This being an SCI32 game should be supported in the not too distant future.
ezekiel000

Post by ezekiel000 »

Bobbin wrote:
There was an engine in development, unfortunately it never got far and was even removed from the project. Seems like this was one of the harder games to reverse engineer, I wouldn't expect anyone else picking this up anytime soon.
Wasn't there a more advanced version of this engine outside the main repository that interpreted the original exe for the hard coded bits?
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

ezekiel000 wrote:
Bobbin wrote:
Wasn't there a more advanced version of this engine outside the main repository that interpreted the original exe for the hard coded bits?
There is, but this isn't an engine reimplementation, it's basically an assembly opcode interpreter, which is a bit out of ScummVM's scope
Serious Callers Only
Got a warning

Post by Serious Callers Only »

No opinion on the Cryo Interactive games?

KGB, Dune, Lost Eden, i think share a engine.

Then there are the pseudo 3d ones like Versailles, Sallambo, Ring.

I don't really know which ones share a engine on this list:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_vi ... nteractive

But they are bound to be a extensive list.

I wouldn't mind Azrael's Tear (mindscape) either. Good adventure game.

Murders in Space;

http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/murders-in-space

Is a interesting game too, but it is nigh uncompletable without the feelies.
(i had it for the amiga but discarded the box eventually, huge mistake, as many puzzles required things in the box to be solvable).

Anyway, it's interesting because it is very replayable, zanzy and somewhat evil (to get the best ending, it's required to take control during what appears to be the introduction non-interactable sequence).
Julien
ScummVM Developer

Post by Julien »

There is an engine for the Arxel Tribe set of games in developement (Ring, etc.), Cryo was only the publisher.

I've quickly looked at some of the other Cryo games in the past (Atlantis and others) and while they do share some engine framework code, there is also tons and tons of hardcoded logic.
Threepwood

Post by Threepwood »

Tass Times in Tonetown - Amiga version with mouse support and nice graphics, not the ugly dos version which is playable in dosbox

Has anyone looked at it?
Does it share code with Mindeshadow and Borrowed Time?