arrow keys on g1?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

tetsuoZshima

arrow keys on g1?

Post by tetsuoZshima »

Hello all,

First off, thank you SO much to any/everyone working on this program, the thought of my old DOS favorites working on my phone makes me giddy! ;)

My question: I cannot find an answer to this after much googling and forum searching, I do apologize if I'm just overlooking it--

The t-mobile G1 / HTC Magic has a hardware keyboard (all the better for dos games, I thought) -- but it does NOT have arrow keys. After reflashing my phone with different custom firmwares until I found one working with ScummVM, I was ecstatic when I installed Quest for Glory (1) and found it to be working... Until I encountered a fight. On my computer, the only way I know of "attacking" is with the arrow keys (up, specifically). I've tried every key on my G1 to no avail. Is there a config file or other way I can re-bind the keys on my keyboard in ScummVM to the arrow keys?

Thank you very much for any help!
rfc

Re: arrow keys on g1?

Post by rfc »

tetsuoZshima wrote:... when I installed Quest for Glory (1) and found it to be working... Until I encountered a fight
How did you pass the character creation screen assigning points to your skills?

I've the old (EGA?) and new (VGA) version of QfQ1, and only in the VGA version I can change add points to the skills. I'm using 1.3.0 on Samsung Galaxy S. However, on the VGA version, I can only add points, I cannot subtract them (not a big issue, just needs more thinking before assigning them :) )
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Re: arrow keys on g1?

Post by LordHoto »

rfc wrote:
tetsuoZshima wrote:... when I installed Quest for Glory (1) and found it to be working... Until I encountered a fight
How did you pass the character creation screen assigning points to your skills?

I've the old (EGA?) and new (VGA) version of QfQ1, and only in the VGA version I can change add points to the skills. I'm using 1.3.0 on Samsung Galaxy S. However, on the VGA version, I can only add points, I cannot subtract them (not a big issue, just needs more thinking before assigning them :) )
Does this also happen with 1.3.1 (on a desktop system? If yes, is there a known bug report about this? If no, please report it.