how do i get scumm vm to work on psp

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Dark Keyblader

how do i get scumm vm to work on psp

Post by Dark Keyblader »

i have tried putting it in the game folder but it just says corrupted data?
db92

Post by db92 »

uhm, firmware? :S
pro

Post by pro »

Keyblader:

1: Make sure youre running v1.50 firmware (as its by far the easiest way to get any/all of the homebrew/emulation software working).

2: Get ScummVM for the psp and put the scummvm-psp and scummvm-psp% folders into the memory card in /PSP/GAME.

e.g

/PSP/GAME/scummvm-psp
/PSP/GAME/scummvm-psp%

3: copy the files from your original scummvm game disks (or cd) to the memory card somewhere.

e.g. on my memory card there is:

/PSP/GAME/DOTT <- contains day of the tentacle data from original cd

4: turn on the psp, browse to the memory card, there will be two things there:

a: a scummvm program to run!
b: a slot of corrupted data

Ignore the corrupted data, this is actualy how the psp sees the eboot.php in the scummvm-psp% folder (iirc, might the the one in the main scummvm-psp folder)

5: run the scummvm program

et voila, done.

If you arent running v1.50 firmware then you'll need to go look at the guide on how to downgrade your firmware. downgrading from v2.00 firmware is fine and easy (as ive done it lots!) but from what ive heard, if youre on v2.01+ then its either very difficult or actually just not possible.
kraft

Post by kraft »

pro wrote:If you arent running v1.50 firmware then you'll need to go look at the guide on how to downgrade your firmware. downgrading from v2.00 firmware is fine and easy (as ive done it lots!) but from what ive heard, if youre on v2.01+ then its either very difficult or actually just not possible.
it is possible and very easy actually, but you need GTA:LCS to run it

Just downlaod the eLoader from www.fanjita.org

when you download it automatically installs everything,

so once thats all installed just downlaod scummvm 0.8.2 and get the single eboot file and put it into the games folder in your psp.

also get the games you want that are compatible with scummvm and put them in their own file in the games folder.

once all thats done just start gta and the save file thats part of the eloader should load automatically and will load up the eloader, and in the menu should come up with scummvm, select it then select your game and youre playing
pro

Post by pro »

Yea fair point, if he can't get scumm working without help then asking him to do anything with firmware is a risky thing lol. Use the LCS eloader blader.