AGIWiki restoration

AGI, SCI, Wintermute, Sludge engines fangame creation discussion

Moderators: ScummVM Team, AGI moderators

sev
ScummVM Lead

AGIWiki restoration

Post by sev »

Hi,

You know that there used to be AGIWiki with some interesting information on AGI game development. It is gone, but I have a dump of all content.

If there is some interested person who would like to readd this content to our Wiki, feel free to contact me and I'll provide all needed information.

Eugene
lance.ewing

Post by lance.ewing »

Is it just the wiki content? Or do you have the message forums as well? I know there was a lot of discussion about the old message forums over at www.sciprogramming.com. I'm fairly sure there are some people over there that would like to host it.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Unfortunately just the Wiki. If anyone would get dump of the forum in any form, please contact me. We're willing to host it on our servers.

Eugene
Collector

Post by Collector »

There is already some effort to that end on the SCI Community. It would, in a way, restore the legacy of the old MT forums. Both the old AGI forums and the SCI Community are decedents of the MT boards.
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

Indeed.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Collector wrote:There is already some effort to that end on the SCI Community. It would, in a way, restore the legacy of the old MT forums. Both the old AGI forums and the SCI Community are decedents of the MT boards.
That's good. Again, we are willing to host it on our server for reliability. I mean not necessary on our forums, a separate instance could be created.

Eugene
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

FYI, sact told me that he is willing to do the taks of Wiki restoration, and I provided him with all needed information.

Eugene
sact

Post by sact »

Horay, it's alive, ALIVE, I tell you!

http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/AGIWiki

Yes yes yes, it's not all there, not even a fraction that was but all in time. The HTML dump had it news dated back in 2006 and archive.org conveniently seems to have skipped the more recent articles or the machine hosting article is in repairs. So unfortunately some of the articles have to be recreated.

I will focus articles like fan made games, software and tutorials for starters. Like it was mentioned in this discussion;

WinAGI's help-file has all the command related need-to-know pretty well wrapped up.