Version 0.9.1beta6 released for testing!

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Yep, the Supercard SD and M3 SD/MiniSD/Lite drivers are flaky. If saving works, great. If it doesn't, use the SRAM save.

After contributions from users on another thread, I'm ordering an M3 lite, and there's a chance that maybe once I have it I can improve the M3 driver a little.

If you want to contribute towards a Supercard SD/lite, feel free. If you do donate, make sure to mention that it's for a Supercard SD/lite.
thebawp

Post by thebawp »

Basically I've reverted back to 0.61 in order to save type a games, and am using the latest binary to play and save type c games. Works out fine. =D
Shadow_Zero

Post by Shadow_Zero »

Metal_Spirit wrote:Shadow Zero... The M3 lite is different from the M3 mini... ScummVm works on Both, and I can ashure you of that.

Just delete and re-create the dat file, and then Press L at startup to redetect your m3.
So it's logical that the micro-sd card with scummvm you use for the Lite won't work? I don't know exactly what happens with the .dat file. It is created by the M3 Manager, but it also gets changes from the M3 then...?

In any case, I got a new micro-sd card, sandisk 1gb and now it seems to work perfectly.
So I DO wonder why it didn't with the Kingston 1gb mini-sd. Ah, all these mind-boggling questions ;)
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

I went from mini -> lite just by copying the contents of my card. No need to use the M3 manager at all, and scummvm worked 100% on both.

Your problems sound like an issue with the M3, there is a page on the M3 wiki for which brands of card work best. Try upgrading the firmware, the M3 team might've already fixed it!

http://m3wiki.com/index.php?title=Media_Card

also grats on the cash agentq, hope you enjoy the M3 Lite - it's been good to me, and soooo much faster to load scummvm games than my M3 mini :D
iso jussi

Post by iso jussi »

I were playing Sam & Max. All went fine, but then when I were golfing, trying to free Max from a glass box (or whatever), then the touch screen stopped to work (in-game, in menu it worked) . So, where you think is the problem?
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

I think you accidentally hit up on the D-pad to switch to hover mode. Hit left to switch back to left click mode.
desiccantsilicagel

Post by desiccantsilicagel »

I know I'm not bringing anything new to the table here, but I have intermittent problems saving DOTT(CD) and Monkey1(CD) too. The saves will work about 80% of the time with no problems at all. The corrupted save says 'BLOB error' for the DOTT game, and just a blank screen for the Monkey1 game.

My specs:
Supercard SD
'Sandisk' 2GB SD Card (fake but works great :D )

I always save, walk into another room, and make a backup save. Doing that, this 'problem' isn't really one!
Typhin

Post by Typhin »

Just found this yesterday, been messing around a little bit. I didn't see any official posting regarding DS-X compatibility, though...

Using 0.9.1beta6 on a DS-X card (with the DLDI drivers patched in) on original-style DS with version 1 firmware. So far, the only game I've tested was Flight of the Amazon Queen (using ScummVM build B). So far, nothing but slight graphical glitches (a black line being drawn across the screen every so often). Saving and loading seems to work fine. Saved a few times with no problems, shut off the system entirely, started up again, and loaded a save with no problems. Not extensive testing, but some info's better than none, right?

I'll be testing ther games later, I just thought I'd post this here. ^_^
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

This thread is for an obsolete version of ScummVM DS. ScummVM has worked on the DSX for quite some time. Ever since they decided to cave in to demand and write a DLDI driver, in fact.
Typhin

Post by Typhin »

Oh, oops. I didn't see any newer versions anywhere, though.
Badablek

Post by Badablek »

Shadow_Zero

Post by Shadow_Zero »

Shadow_Zero wrote:Hmmmz, it remains so odd...
I got it to work perfectly with Monkey Island 2 (and M3 boot mode). The next time I tried to boot scummvm it didn't find the flash card. Rebooted with L+R and cleared the SRAM and the game worked fine again. Next time I wanted to play again it didn't find the flash card again and I couldn't use the clear SRAM "trick".
I have the idea this problem arises when I have made a savegame in Monkey Island.
I'll try to test with a few reboots without making a savegame and if that keeps working, make a savegame again.

Is this an issue? Is there a solution/workaround?

Setup again: M3-Mini + Kingston 1gb mini-sd
Sorry to post in such an old topic, but I had to smirk a bit since Google brought me back here, after I was searching for ways to clear my sram :P
I wanted to do some GBA gaming on my SP again (after yeeeaaars), but my M3 Perfect kept giving me these "Warning! NDS save game already exists on this card, but autosave cannot be found. Backup failed. Press A to continute" messages >_<
So I did the 'clear sram' trick from scummvm and that did the trick :P

Although, afterwards, I'm wondering if I could just disable autodelete and reboot, but not sure on that.

Sorry for the off-topic!
Hope everyone is doing well!