ScummVM logo Forum Index - ScummVM website - Contact us - Buy Supported Games: GOG.com Rules - Search - Register - Login curved edge
Folder Forum Index > PocketPC/WinCE Port > Disable cursor change on screen tap (SQ1VGA, SQ4, SQ5)
Disable cursor change on screen tap (SQ1VGA, SQ4, SQ5)
  Author    Thread Reply to topic
Ravicai

Disable cursor change on screen tap (SQ1VGA, SQ4, SQ5) 

Is there anyway to keep the cursor from changing when you click on the screen? Often times I'll click to walk somewhere and the cursor will magically change to 'look'. This is really annoying, especially if you are being chased by a spider droid Razz

I setup a hard key to cycle the cursor actions. This works a lot better than using this erratic auto-change-tap function that comes on by itself.

Also, anyway to disable the screen from hiding/showing the keyboard when you double tap the corner of the screen? I also set a hardware key for this. So no need for double tap.

Thanks Smile

Post Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:14 pm 
cerial
ScummVM Porter

Re: Disable cursor change on screen tap (SQ1VGA, SQ4, SQ5) 

quote:
Originally posted by Ravicai
Is there anyway to keep the cursor from changing when you click on the screen? Often times I'll click to walk somewhere and the cursor will magically change to 'look'. This is really annoying, especially if you are being chased by a spider droid Razz

I setup a hard key to cycle the cursor actions. This works a lot better than using this erratic auto-change-tap function that comes on by itself.

In fact this is a feature Wink When you double-tap the screen (and the cursor didn't move in between), it will recognize a right click, which triggers the action cursor in SCI games. So this problem shouldn't happen if you tap the screen some pixels away from the first click.

quote:
Originally posted by Ravicai
Also, anyway to disable the screen from hiding/showing the keyboard when you double tap the corner of the screen? I also set a hardware key for this. So no need for double tap.

Yes, especially in SCI games this can be quite annoying when you try to select the menubar for example, I also experienced this myself. Sadly, currently it isn't possible to add port-specific configuration options to the game configuration screen (a problem which exists in ScummVM itself), so the only way to make this optional (and also the double-tap "feature" you experienced above) would be adding options to the configuration file (scummvm.ini), which could be only triggered by manual editing. I have this on my todo list and I think I will implement this for the next version.
Post Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:42 pm 
Ravicai

Thanks for the reply! Smile

Yeah, I can live with changing the config file - afterall these are DOS games Smile I can't wait for the update. Thanks!

Post Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:26 am 
cerial
ScummVM Porter

These changes were implemented in ScummVM 1.3.1; could you please check if this works for you now, and if it doesn't please report back in the 1.3.1 related thread (http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=10566)?

Thanks Smile

Post Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:39 pm 
Ravicai

Sooooo much easier to navigate now, especially when I'm trying to outrun the Sequel Police in SQ4 Smile

Post Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:30 am 
Reply to topic