Does not work, instructions borked

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's WebOS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

leroy3rd

Does not work, instructions borked

Post by leroy3rd »

First I should start by saying that I've installed and used this for several Linux versions, the PSP, and Palm OS, so I'm no stranger to the process.

The instructions in the WebOS App Catalog say:
"After first start of ScummVM a directory structure is created on the USB drive. Copy the games files into the "ScummVM/Games" folder and then you can add the games in ScummVM."

First, it created no folders/directories when you run it. To solve this, I created the directories and put the games files in myself. Second, I ran the app again. Guess what? I can't navigate to the folder. The "Add Game..." dialog only has access to the encrypted app portion of the filesystem, not the public USB side, so using the "Add Game..." button, you will NEVER be able to find a game. The instructions are very misleading and completely in error. Little help?

-LeRoy3rd

EDIT: I should probably add that I'm running WebOS 1.4.5 as this may make a difference. If it DOES require WebOS 2.0+ to run, you need to remove it from the 1.4.5 feed.
leroy3rd

Post by leroy3rd »

Figured it out, you'll need to navigate to:
/media/internal/ScummVM/Games

(After you add ScummVM/Games and your game files)

-LeRoy3rd
leroy3rd

Post by leroy3rd »

More problems:
1) Every time I reload the app I have to RE-ADD ALL OF MY GAMES! It doesn't save the list of the games I've added.

2) The back-swipe and forward-swipe gestures do NOT do anything (as the description indicates they do...)

3) Any changes you've made to the preferences/options of ScummVM are lost every time the app is restarted.

:'(

Please fix this! Please?

-LeRoy3rd
jimigee

Post by jimigee »

your tip got me started (navigate to: /media/internal/ScummVM/Games)

not a fix but a workaround:
press "RETURN" on your keyboard and remap keys to access "Menu"

can even use forward swipe if you like, then you can save games.

still have to navigate to your game folder, and remapped keys don't seem to be saved, but you can open your previously saved games.
kayahr
ScummVM Porter

Post by kayahr »

leroy3rd wrote:More problems:
1) Every time I reload the app I have to RE-ADD ALL OF MY GAMES! It doesn't save the list of the games I've added.

2) The back-swipe and forward-swipe gestures do NOT do anything (as the description indicates they do...)

3) Any changes you've made to the preferences/options of ScummVM are lost every time the app is restarted.

:'(

Please fix this! Please?

-LeRoy3rd
I really like to fix it but unfortunately I can't reproduce it on WebOS 2.1 (Pre 2) nor on WebOS 1.4.5 (Pre 1). All three problems you reported are most likely because the configuration file could not be read or written. Can you please check if there is a scummvmrc file in /media/internal/ScummVM? On first start of ScummVM this file should be automatically created. If this doesn't work then this means that the app has no write permission for this folder but I have no idea what can cause this.
jimigee

Post by jimigee »

webos 1.4.5 on palm pre plus

scummvm downloaded from app catalog placed game in this directory: media/cryptofs/apps/usr/applications/com.github.kayahr.scummvm/

scummvmrc-default is located here. saved games also in this directory