color mode not supported with zak (moved to bugtracker)

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Riffer

color mode not supported with zak (moved to bugtracker)

Post by Riffer »

//edit: Have taken it to the bug tracker: https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=d ... tid=418820

From 1.2.1 to 1.3.0 there is a now a bug with Zak Mackracken FM-Towns version.

With 1.2.1 all went right. You can start and play.
With 1.3.0 when you start you get "Colormode is not supported" (retranslation vom german "Farbmodus wird nicht unterstützt").
The bug still exists in the daily 1.4 git builds.

Could some of the developers have a look at this, please?
Last edited by Riffer on Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Riffer

Post by Riffer »

After having some further dive into the situation I am now sure the bug has been implemented after 1.2.1.

Please look above.
fuzzie
ScummVM Developer

Post by fuzzie »

The problem is that the ScummVM 1.3 Android code now has 16-bit colour support, but using a 5551 bit-packing format. The SCUMM engine requires a 555 bit-packing format in 16-bit colour mode, and errors out otherwise, which does seem a bit silly since it will fall back to a 256 colour mode with a warning if there's no 16-bit colour support at all (which is presumably what it was doing in the old builds).

Having said that, I point to forum rule 3a about how to report bugs (on our Bug Tracker, please), because this post is unlikely to get noticed by the relevant developers..
Riffer

Post by Riffer »

Thanks in advance!

I had a short look for a bug tracker but did not find it in first place.

Will put it in asap.
arrakis81

Post by arrakis81 »

Hi, I downloaded the 1.3.0 Release binaries apk from the site but I still get the colors error. Reading the bug tracker messages, I understood it had been fixed before the release
fuzzie
ScummVM Developer

Post by fuzzie »

arrakis81 wrote:Hi, I downloaded the 1.3.0 Release binaries apk from the site but I still get the colors error. Reading the bug tracker messages, I understood it had been fixed before the release
It wasn't even reported until after the release, I think. :) It will be fixed in 1.3.1 (in a few weeks), for now you can use a daily build from our buildbot.