Cursor changes colour after accessing menu?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

monkey_05_06

Cursor changes colour after accessing menu?

Post by monkey_05_06 »

I've noticed on a few games that I've actually played (Secret of Monkey Island™, Curse of Monkey Island™, and LOOM™) that if I access the ScummVM menu (by pressing the menu key on my phone) then the cursor goes kind of wonky. In SMI and LOOM the cursor becomes tinted red, in CMI it's kind of brown. It's not a big issue, but I didn't see it reported anywhere after a rather brief search. It happens consistently which is why I thought I'd ask about it.

On an unrelated note, but while I've got your attention, is there any way to skip cutscenes with this port?
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

What version of ScummVM are you using? Make sure it's one of the current daily builds from http://buildbot.scummvm.org/builds.html
monkey_05_06

Post by monkey_05_06 »

I'm using the 1.2.1 Android build on Android OS 2.1. Is there a newer build available? I'll take a look. I also meant to mention I have no issues running the games on my PC.
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

The 1.3.0 releases candidates available from our daily builds page (see the link from my previous post) indeed provides considerable improvements over 1.2.1
monkey_05_06

Post by monkey_05_06 »

Hey, thanks. The latest 1.3.0pre did the trick, and the new input method does make certain aspects, like firing the cannon in Curse, much easier.