[Solved] Settings won't save after iOS update

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

governeurmarley

[Solved] Settings won't save after iOS update

Post by governeurmarley »

I updated my iPhone to 4.3.1 today and everytime I start ScummVM it loses all settings (GUI language, added games etc.). I reinstalled several times and even tried a nightly build - doesn't help at all.

In case this is important: When I updated iOS I restored my backup afterwards.

I really need help on this. :(

Thanks
Last edited by governeurmarley on Tue May 17, 2011 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Niklasva

Post by Niklasva »

Try setting the file permissions to 777.
governeurmarley

Ok, I set permissions to 777 but still it forgets all settings after the next start. This never happened to me until iOS 4.3.1 so there is a chance this is firmware related. Or is anybody running ScummVM on the newest iOS releases?
AchillesPDX

Post by AchillesPDX »

governeurmarley wrote:Ok, I set permissions to 777 but still it forgets all settings after the next start. This never happened to me until iOS 4.3.1 so there is a chance this is firmware related. Or is anybody running ScummVM on the newest iOS releases?
I'm running ScummVM on an iPhone 4 with iOS 4.3.1 with no problems. Make absolutely sure that the ScummVM folder itself as well as all files contained in it are set to 777. Other than that, I'm not sure what to suggest.
governeurmarley

Hmm, it's under /Applications/ScummVM.app right? No other directory which could have an influence?

I did a 777 on all files and the .app itself.

Does anyone know all potential file locations ScummVM uses and which I could clean up?
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

To be extra sure:

chown -R mobile.mobile /var/mobile/Library/ScummVM
chmod -R 777 /var/mobile/Library/ScummVM
governeurmarley

Oh, this worked! Thanks a lot. :D