Curse of monkey island. HELP with SDL 1.3.0 mod/inventory

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

striderkog

Curse of monkey island. HELP with SDL 1.3.0 mod/inventory

Post by striderkog »

Hi all,

I'm frustrated to no end! I know you have to use the coffin nails to hold down the bed in the hotel room, but I can't click off the inventory box without touching another part of the screen, causing guybrush to move, and the bed to fold back up! Is there a way to close the inventory box while still having the nails as the cursor, without touching the screen. I have tried bringing up the scummvm keyboard and entering , but this drops the coffin nails before closing the inventory. I'm using an HTC evo with the latestSDL version found in the thread further down this page. Help! I really want to beat this game! And props to all the wonderful people that have made Scummvm possible, btw![/list]
timpani

Post by timpani »

Same problem here! Can anyone help?
striderkog

Post by striderkog »

Actually someone helped me out with this already, but I don't know where their reply went...

Just grab the nails and without removing your finger, slide the cursor down to the bottom of the screen, off the inventory box. The box should close without you having to lift up.[/u]
timpani

Post by timpani »

Oh, thanks. That worked : )
dhewg
ScummVM Porter

Post by dhewg »

whats the reason to use the SDL port?
Lubomyr

Post by Lubomyr »

SDL port have good advantage as programable on-screen buttons, re-assigned hw buttons, magnify glass window, touch screen calibration for capacitive screen (for access by finger to top part of screen in normal mode), more control options.
but big problem for sdl-port it impossible to use volume buttons for volume control. Pelya promised solve that problem, but very busy now, and sdl-lib long time not updated.