Crashing scummvm - Nokia 6680

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

einarb

Crashing scummvm - Nokia 6680

Post by einarb »

Installed this magnificient port today, and promptly copied over the game files for Simon the sorcerer 1, weeping with joy at the thought of beeing able to play it on the bus to the uni every morning. But alas! the game is located allright, but the program crashes instantly when I try to start it. Bummed out, I turn to you for advice. It crashes too quick for an eventual error message to be read.

-Einar :cry:
SumthinWicked
ScummVM Porter

Post by SumthinWicked »

First: there is a way to see the standard output and error output that EScummVM produces. These are 2 textfiles that are created in C:\Documents\EScummVM\. Please post that info here to give us some idea of why it crashed.

Secondly: it might be a simple memory problem: so here is a special build with only the Simon enigine built in, please try it and see if this helps:
http://anotherguest.b0.se/cvsbuilds/scu ... _simon.sis

greetz,
SumthinWicked
einarb

Post by einarb »

The error output file (scummvm.stderr) is empty. The memory problem seems plausible, but the link you kindly provided does not seem to work properly.

Cheers
-Einar
SumthinWicked
ScummVM Porter

Post by SumthinWicked »

einarb wrote:The error output file (scummvm.stderr) is empty. The memory problem seems plausible, but the link you kindly provided does not seem to work properly.
I know: I found out today that it's not working anymore, weird. I'm investigating and will get back to you asap. This (much) smaller version could fix your problems.

---

Edit: the link is back up :)
Edit 2: and it's down again :(
Edit 3: and back up, *yay* :)