Graphics question

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

ras2a

Graphics question

Post by ras2a »

Hi all,

I've installed the latest version of ScummVM for Android and it's fantastic. However, I have a couple of questions?

What do the fix aspect ratio and full screen options actually do, if anything?

I'm also running ScummVM without any plugins and both Monkey Island 1 & 2 run just fine... do we actually need these plugins, and are they just needed if we encounter any 'issues' with a particular game?

cheers folks

ras
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Welcome :)

Your first question is already answered in both the README and the FAQ:
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/User_ ... re_ScummVM

As for your second question.... each plugin is actually a game engine:
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Engines

To my knowledge, the Android port is using a plugin structure to save memory, so if you delete any of these plugins, you'll have less engines working, and thus less supported games by your version of ScummVM
ras2a

Post by ras2a »

Hi mate,

I did actually do a search for both questions, but didn't find much. Didn't think to check the most obvious place - doh!

Thank you so much for the response and my apologies for being a dunce lol :)

I don't have any plugins at all and can run MI1 & 2 just fine. Looking at the wiki, it seems there are no plugins (engines) available for Monkey Island?...maybe not needed for these games?

cheers mate

ras
thethreeheadedmonkey

Post by thethreeheadedmonkey »

the plugins are for the older version (1.0.0 pre), with a plugin for each engine (scumm, agi and so on). afaik the new version 1.2.0 doesn't use plugins, all engines are combined in one app/apk