Any current support for the blues clues series by HE?

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

ezwrighter

Any current support for the blues clues series by HE?

Post by ezwrighter »

I have the "Blue's Reading Time Activities" game and would be interested in using it with scummvm.

Is there any current support for these games or possibly future support?

I understand there is no OFFICIAL support right now.

I can provide data files or testing if that helps.

BTW, scummvm rocks with a USB dongle! I can fit about 7 HE games and the engine on my 1GB one :-) Great for traveling...

Thanks,

Eric
Kirben

Post by Kirben »

No plans to add support for the full versions of the Blue's Clues games. The video sequences in the games used the Smacker format, and the games wouldn't make sense without the video sequences.

If you really want to try the full versions, you could rename the files but they have not been tested under ScummVM.
ezwrighter

Post by ezwrighter »

Any hints on the renaming?

These are the current file names...

Blue's Reading Time.HE0
Blue's Reading Time.(a)
Blue's Reading Time.(b)
Blue's Reading Time.he2
Blue's Reading Time.he4

Bummer about smacker...is there a licensing issue with using the included smacker libraries? or just no current interest?

Thanks
Kirben

Post by Kirben »

Rename the first part of each filename to 'readDemo', so 'Blue's Reading Time.HE0' would become 'readDemo.HE0".

The game expects 16bit color support, so you will notice many palette glitches under ScummVM too.

Check the earlier thread for explaination of the problems supporting Bink or Smacker.
ezwrighter

Post by ezwrighter »

Thanks for the info...I had just done a search on smacker and came up with some of the same threads...I just assumed some of this info would be consolidated in the wiki.

Sorry for making you re-hash the already answered questions. Your patience with noobs like myself is beyond the call of duty :-)

Eric