ScummVM logo Forum Index - ScummVM website - Contact us - Buy Supported Games: GOG.com Rules - Search - Register - Login curved edge
Folder Forum Index > Nintendo DS Port > still choppy sound with acekard on dsi xl
still choppy sound with acekard on dsi xl
  Author    Thread Reply to topic
bajtucha

still choppy sound with acekard on dsi xl 

I've read posts about choppy sound on dsi and unfortunately have the same problem.
My ds xl has 1.4E firmware. I've installed latest AKAIO 1.7.1 and scumm 1.1.
The sound in monkey island 2 is terrible.
Anyone came up with a solution ? Any one has the same problem ?

Post Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:54 pm 
bajtucha

Maybe I should rephrase it.
Is anyone of the dsi/dsi XL owners with acekard has good quality sound in scumm games ?
If yes, what have you done to manage it ?

Post Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:55 pm 
another world

What brand, type, and speed of microSD card are you using? I'm using an 8GB Transcend Class-6 and have the occasional stutter of audio only, usually during scene transitions (a/k/a loading).

-Another World

Post Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:07 pm 
bajtucha

Well to be honest I don't know. I've bought it in pack with acekard in one of their recommended stores:
http://www.ebuygame.com/acekard-2i-kingston-2gb-memory-card-p-237.html

So you suggest it's the matter of microSD speed. Ok then. I'll give it a try and buy me a fuster one.

Post Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:14 pm 
kappakingtut

i am having the same problem, using an 8G scandisk micro sd. bajtucha: let us know if a different micro sd makes a difference?

Post Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:40 am 
another world

if your microsd card is 2gb or less you want a japanese kingston. they are rated a bit faster than other cards and have always shown a greater compatibility with this hobby. if you are getting SDHC (4gb+) then you should try a class-6 or class-10 adata or transcend microsd card. those have shown the best compatibility, again for this hobby.

sadly, kingston msd cards are the most copied cards on the market. i have never heard of the site you purchased from so i can not speak on their behalf, there is a chance that the bundled card is a fake and neither you or the shop had any idea. also the ak2i has been cloned, you will want to make sure you have a legit card.

give this topic a read:
http://www.akaio.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410

a fake msd card could be the result of the slow read speeds you are experiencing. then again a cloned ak2i uses the old actel chip and is not fully supported by either firmware choice. in regards to firmware, make sure you are using akaio 1.7.1, as the official acekard firmware has not been updated (for compatibilty or bug fixes) in more than a year.

get akaio 1.7.1 from here:
http://www.akaio.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=557

good luck!
-another world

Post Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:44 am 
bajtucha

The store I've purchased from is recommended by official acekard site as you can see here: http://www.acekard.cn/distributors.html
so I believe my card is not a fake

Post Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:08 pm 
another world

i deal directly with acekard and team akaio. acekard.cn is not a real acekard website. i have no idea who made that site but it looks like it was created as an advertisement for that 1 shop.

this is the official acekard reseller list: http://www.acekard.com/distributors.php

to get on the list you only need to ask to have your link added. acekard has no control over what microsd cards resellers bundle with their products. in fact, acekard no longer sells direct to overseas resellers, so they have no control over what cards some resellers order. by this i mean that a reseller in the US might be selling the actel clone ak2i bundled with a fake kingston msd card.

-another world

Post Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:40 am 
bajtucha

I've bought Samsung HC class6 - unfortunately it doesn't change a thing.
Please let me know, anyone, if you find working configuration with acekard and DSxl.

Post Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:29 pm 
bajtucha

Found the solution! ... and it's quite simple .. akaio 1.8.5
Still some lags and occasional stutter when scene changes but hey! - now I can play!

Post Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:18 pm 
Reply to topic