Newbie Needs Help With Gabriel Knight 1-3

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

appollo147

Newbie Needs Help With Gabriel Knight 1-3

Post by appollo147 »

I recently bought the the Gabriel Knight trilogy at a garage sale and I was needing to know what files from each game disc I needed to copy to my hard drive in order to run them with scummvm. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Graxer

Post by Graxer »

As far as I know, only Gabriel Knight 1 is compatable with ScummVM at the moment, with no plans for support of the others as they dont use the SCI engine.

It being SCI2 I wouldn't expect to get much out of Gabriel Knight 1 in ScummVM yet. It probably isn't beatable even with the latest subversion build.

If you want to give it a shot however, download the latest subversion build from the bottom of the ScummVM downloads page and copy all the GK1 files across to your hard drive. (At the moment it is unknown which files are needed for SCI games)

I hope this helps!
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

Graxer wrote:As far as I know, only Gabriel Knight 1 is compatable with ScummVM at the moment, with no plans for support of the others as they dont use the SCI engine.
GK2 is SCI too, but isn't completable and has tons and tons of problems.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

No Gabriel Knight games are supported yet. GK1 is somewhat playable in the latest SVN version, but has several glitches
BobbinT

Post by BobbinT »

and since GK2 & GK3 was a windows-based games, I think these games can be playable using unofficial patches.
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

GK2 has a DOS version, which I believe Collector's patches on The Sierra Help Pages add if you don't have it in your version.