Help with ScummVM on Xperia

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

staggers81

Help with ScummVM on Xperia

Post by staggers81 »

Hi everyone, I have been trying to get the Dig on Scummvm for my Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 and after lots of frustrating attempts have managed to find it. However when I select it and press start I get the opening animation screen and then it just goes straight back to my phone's main screen and I have to load up Scummvm all over again. This is really getting on my nerves! Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong and how I can fix it? I would love to play all my favourite Lucasarts games again.

Thanks.
staggers81

Post by staggers81 »

Also put Full Throttle on there - exactly the same problem.
das_weezul

Post by das_weezul »

Have you tried to skip the intro? I'm playing BASS and have the same problem, but when I hit the back-button (mapped to ESC) I can play the game.
dustyhayes

Post by dustyhayes »

Hi,

on my x10 mini pro, the dig plays perfect. Did you try the unofficial release or the official? In the Official, try to change the sound source in the options, or install the unofficial. You can find a link in one Thread here (SDL 1.3.0svn54429).
staggers81

Post by staggers81 »

Thanks for the replies guys.

I don't know what buttons do what, but I don't seem to have a chance to skip anything. The first frame of the animation comes up and then it just bombs back out to my main screen.

As far as official or unofficial, I copied the specified files straight from my game discs. I tried changing the audio settings but it still does the same thing.

The fact that it starts up tells me that it will work, I just have to figure out what is causing it to crash.