Quest For Glory I SCI - PSP Buttons

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

sierrafan

Quest For Glory I SCI - PSP Buttons

Post by sierrafan »

In the Quest For Glory I Remake, the Directional buttons are set as the arrow keys.

On the PC, the diagonal keys are set for fighting. On the PSP, it is too difficult to fight with the mouse/analog stick.

Is there any way to change the Directional buttons to the Diagonal buttons just for the Quest For Glory I & III games? This would make it worlds easier to fight in the game. As it stands now, I can't fight at all and have had to stop playing it.
McKnallski

Post by McKnallski »

Try LEFT TRIGGER + RIGHT TRIGGER + SQUARE.
It activates the 1st Person Control Mode created for Lands of Lore. Maybe that Control Set works good for that game (Can´t test it because I do not own the Quest For Glory Games).

Otherwise use the Plugin CWCHEAT. There is a (very complicated) Key Reconfigure Function.

Oh, and by the way: It is better to post PSP related Problems and Questions (no matter if SCI Game or not) in the PSP Area of the ScummVM Forums. You will get much faster Answers. Just for the next Time (It was coincidence I watched in here) :wink: .
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

McKnallski wrote:Oh, and by the way: It is better to post PSP related Problems and Questions (no matter if SCI Game or not) in the PSP Area of the ScummVM Forums. You will get much faster Answers. Just for the next Time (It was coincidence I watched in here) :wink: .
Yup please post such questions in the port forum, as you might have noticed the topic for this sub-forum is the creation of fanmade AGI/SCI games:
AGI & SCI engines fangame creation discussion
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

The forum name is "Sierra Games" though which is misleading.
Bluddy
ScummVM Developer

Post by Bluddy »

Holding the right trigger button causes the directional buttons on the PSP to 'rotate' clockwise:

PSP's up becomes up-right
PSP's right becomes down-right
PSP's down becomes down-left
PSP's left becomes up-left

It takes only a little while to get used to it, and it eliminates having to deal with the PSP's terrible diagonals.

Another alternative is to turn on the virtual keyboard, which causes the nub to become the directional control. It's still not so easy to get the diagonals though.