Monkey Island III compatible?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

syn13

Monkey Island III compatible?

Post by syn13 »

I read throught the Faqs and saw MI 3 in the FAQ but it wasn't exactly under compatibility.
So just wondering if anyone has tried this and will a 1gb memory stick will be enough room for it.

Thanks.
kraft

Post by kraft »

i havent tried it but 1gb stick will be big enough
kainenable

Post by kainenable »

It works, I copyed the entire first disc to the memory stick and everthing works fine. Im not sure what I am going to do when it starts requireing the second disc though. The movies work great but it is slow in places.

Still it is better than a finger in the eye.
geezer

Post by geezer »

dude did you just copy every file off the disk, stick it in a folder and run the scummvm?? or did u use anything else to do it with?
kainenable

Post by kainenable »

geezer wrote:dude did you just copy every file off the disk, stick it in a folder and run the scummvm?? or did u use anything else to do it with?
I made a directory on the memory stick and literally drag and dropped the entire cd right onto the memory stick. Executable files and all. The program works great. You just tell it what directory to look in and wham! it knows what game you have.

I didnt do a thing other than just copy everything right to the memory stick. It is a great little program. Only improvement I could ask for is a speed boost. Hopefully that can be done with some hardware acceleration. From what I understand the graphics library they are using does not use hardware accelleration.
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

kainenable wrote:From what I understand the graphics library they are using does not use hardware accelleration.
The port uses the GU library for blitting the final image (+ mouse cursor & overlays), you can't get more "hardware accelerated" than that within the confines of ScummVM's OSystem.

You could probably speed some things up by adding various hacks in each engine to do certain sprite/framebuffer operations directly in hardware, but that'd obviously greatly reduce portability and/or get very messy.

Besides, the only game that seems to be too slow is COMI, and I believe most of these problems could be fixed/improved in the engine itself.