COMI Disc Swapping

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Kuroikaze

COMI Disc Swapping

Post by Kuroikaze »

I've got a 1 gig stick and I want to know if there's a way to make it so that once I get to disc 2 in COMI, I don't need to keep the voice AND music files on my stick when I start up ScummVM to load my save in COMI.

See, I'd like to keep the sound files uncompressed, because it runs so much faster, and keep the movie files for disc 2 intact.

Is there a way to make ScummVM ont he PSP auto-load a save file to bypass this little annoyance?

Perhaps I can use dummy files since I'll just load at the difficulty selection screen anyways?

any help would be much appreciated.
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

If you just care about the 2nd part of the game, you can safely delete the cutscenes (*.SAN) from the 1st CD, and the speech from disc 1 (VOXDISK1.BUN).

This should free up enough space and still allow the game to run.
Kuroikaze

Post by Kuroikaze »

would I still need to the Disk 1 music file (at a whopping 160+MB) if I just extracted the difficulty select music and converted it to MP3?

I'd be willing to do that, speed isn't an issue there.
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

I think it's needed to run, yes.
I don't think you can extract + compress an individual track (not easily, anyway), but you can use the tools to compress it with the lowest quality setting, since you'll not be using it anyway.
geezer

Post by geezer »

have a few questions bout this. Cpied disk1 onto my mem card run the excellent scummvm and hey presto. Where do i copy disk 2 to? What happens when i need disk 2 and does this work for monkey island 4? + pure genius who ever let us have MI on the move, anywhere we want!