problem with monster.sog files

Discussion about other and unofficial ports of ScummVM

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Madmab

problem with monster.sog files

Post by Madmab »

I got the below mention problem corrected, but read the last post please.. Thanks! :D

I get the following link errors when trying to compile with USE_FLAC..

libFLAC_static.lib(cpu.obj) : warning LNK4217: locally defined symbol _SetUnhandledExceptionFilter@4 imported in function _FLAC__cpu_info

libFLAC_static.lib(stream_decoder.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __fstat64i32 referenced in function _fstat

libFLAC_static.lib(lpc.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __ftol2_sse referenced in function _FLAC__lpc_quantize_coefficients

Could someone help please?
Last edited by Madmab on Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Which compiler is this? What OS are you using? Is it a 32 or 64 bit build? What is the target platform?
Madmab

Post by Madmab »

md5 wrote:Which compiler is this? What OS are you using? Is it a 32 or 64 bit build? What is the target platform?
Whoops sorry..

Msvc7. WinXP 32. The platform is Win32 but the eventual target platform is the xbox. I had to use a precompiled libflac because I am unable to compile it manually in Msvc7. Or at least I don't know how.

I've gotten it to compile fine and run without the libflac.

Thanks.
Madmab

Post by Madmab »

Just in case there is no confusion.. Although I can get scummVM to compile without the libFlac.. I still get those linker erros when compiling with "USE_FLAC" set.

Nevermind.. I managed to figure out how to compile libFlac in msvc6 and once I got that going and tweaked around a little I was able to get it to compile.

Tested it with loom (worked great).. although secret of monkey island was giving some weird "invalid index" or some message like that. I'll have to double check my monkey files later and make sure they are ok.
Madmab

Post by Madmab »

ok.. I'm not sure where something went wrong but on the monkey island games I get a "Bad ID 4D414E52('MANR') found in index file directory" type message when trying to load them.

It was working fine at one point.. :(

Edit: My bad.. I fat fingered something in endian.h. I forget that I was getting unresolved external link errors on _byteswap_ulong when compiling in debug mode.

Everything is fine now.. Thanks.. :)
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

As I said on Xbox Scene madmab I'm reading your updates. Thanks.
Madmab

Post by Madmab »

Red_Breast wrote:As I said on Xbox Scene madmab I'm reading your updates. Thanks.
np. It's been rather interesting since this is my first non x-port based attempt. Compared to the other systems I've worked with ScummVM is rather nicely structured.

Issue I have right now is with "sam & max" and "Day of the tentacle" monster.sog files. Searches only reveal mentions of the DS port not supporting it. It works fine with the original .sou file. I just used the ScummVM tools to compress them for ogg and flac testing. I've yet to try mp3.

Anywho.. I have ogg enabled "USE_VORBIS" but for some reason those two games don't get past the opening screen. The monster.sof files, however, work just fine.

But it's slowly moving along. I'm a big fan of the sierra SQ and KQ series so I couldn't pass this one up.
shazi

Post by shazi »

Madmab wrote:
Red_Breast wrote:As I said on Xbox Scene madmab I'm reading your updates. Thanks.
np. It's been rather interesting iphone screen since this is my first non x-port based attempt. Compared to the other systems I've worked with ScummVM is rather nicely structured.

in Samsung phone models samsung ace is my choice due to its functions and size .

Issue nokia solution I have right now is with "sam & max" and "Day of the tentacle" monster.sog files. Searches only reveal mentions of the DS port not supporting it. It works fine with the original .sou file. I just used the ScummVM tools to compress them for ogg and flac testing. I've yet to try mp3..
iphone screen |iphone repairs sydney | iphone application | xbox games download
Anywho.. iPhone ios Forum | Android ZTE phone I have ogg enabled "USE_VORBIS" but for some reason those two games don't get past the opening screen. The monster.sof files, however, work just fine.

But it's slowly moving along. I'm a big fan of the sierra SQ and KQ series so I couldn't pass this one up.
i think problem still not addressed ...[/url]
Last edited by shazi on Mon May 06, 2013 7:06 am, edited 7 times in total.
Madmab

Post by Madmab »

hmm.. yeah I have not had much time to look into that more myself. I've been busy trying to get that xbox.patch up to speed with the latest code. I mostly got that done.

The xbox_saves needs the most work. After that I'll probably replace the keyboard, put in a "platform specific" tab for the xbox. Which will include HD modes, screen sizing (for overscan), and samba support.

After that get all the engines going and see if I have room for relax support.

I think that about covers it.