PalmOS: Problems with DOTT/MP3-monster.sou

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Palm port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

trekkie22

PalmOS: Problems with DOTT/MP3-monster.sou

Post by trekkie22 »

Hi!

I'm using the latest scummVM version on my Treo650 (file date 2005-12-14). I converted my DOTT monster.sou to mp3 - the original one ist too big for my SD-card.

I used "--mp3 --abr -B 64" to convert the file.

Now scummVM resets after about 20 seconds when playing DOTT. If I use UDMH, it works a few seconds more. If I try to exit scummVM the device resets. On the other hand if I remove the monster.so3, everything works fine - no resets at all.

The Phone Application (#*377) says "fatal exeption".

I tried some different audio settings (e.g. Adlib/FM-Towns, various bit rates, ...) but there was no significant change in the reset behaviour.

Unfortunately i could not try it with the original monster.sou, because there's not enough space left on my SD-card to use the original one, but the converted one works fine with the Windows version of scummVM.
curlykraut

I also have problems with mp3 files w/Monkey1 + Atlantis

Post by curlykraut »

First of all, thanks a lot, Chrilith, for this new version. You rock!

I too have a lot of problems when I use mp3 files for sound, i.e. trackxx.mp3 or monster.so3 files instead of the original files. My Treo 650 freezes or resets randomly while playing Monkey 1 or Atlantis when I use these files. With the origina monster.sou file, things seem to be rock solid. I would be more than happt to help with troubleshooting or provide more info.
Trinity001

Post by Trinity001 »

Me too. The TX crashes with the converted *.sou files, everytime I leave DOTT or SamNMax - without leaving it works fine :-).
Leopoldo

Post by Leopoldo »

Hi. I have an slightly different problem. I'm using the last ARM version on my LifeDrive. When I run DOTT, everything works fine, sound and music, except speech (which I have in MP3 format). I have checked that speech is enabled and also tried different sound configurations, without success. Help!

Thank a lot
Moren

Post by Moren »

I have some problem with my Treo650 with DOTT. After conversion files are about 70MB. (Original is about 260MB) That's great. But with original files I have sound and speak good and quick. BUt with comprimed sounds music is good but speak is wrong. Words are cutted. "He...lllo, I...am...here.." :( I don't using UDMH.