EZ Flash Vi questions...

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

MarcusRaven

EZ Flash Vi questions...

Post by MarcusRaven »

I have an EZ Flash Vi. H[805] F[101] K[3.0 OB2]

I'm using a DSi XL on 1.4. (Not the latest update. I'm one behind, since it blocks some FlashCarts. I know mine's not affected by all the news I've read, but I'm staying careful.)

Thus, I do NOT have an EZ Flash 3-in-1. I still have yet to figure out how to get SCUMMVM-DS to work.

How would I set it up properly, and what do I need to do to run it?

All the .gba files make me concerned that I need a 3-in-1. PLEASE tell me this isn't the case.
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

I can't help much but I can confirm that you don't need a 3 in 1. Not as I know it.
I don't know much about the DSi but I have a DS Lite. I have a EZ Flash 3 in 1. The expansion pack you mean? The 3 in 1 refers to GBA, Browser and Rumble. So what I describe below works with a DS Lite.
On a Lite you have 2 slots. The 1st at the top and 2nd (for GBAdvance carts) at the bottom.

ScummVM for desktop PCs comes as one executable basically but for platforms that don't have much memory then that one executable (which includes lots of engines) becomes lots of smaller executables with one or two engines each.

When you download ScummVM for DS I recall you have about 10 .nds files and the same number for .gba. Both file types are DS executables. Depending on what type of flash card you have you use the nds or the gba files. Some flash cards work in slot 1 at the top and some in slot 2 at the bottom.

Slot 2 is where a 3 in 1 can go if you want to use the separate download in a sticky in this forum which has one .nds in it. This is a build for Full Throttle and The Dig and is the only build that takes advantage of extra memory in this way. As I seem to recall you have no slot 2 on a DSi I don't think you can use it.
another world

Post by another world »

ez flash cards have very low nds homebrew compatibility. i just wrote a review of the ismart premium (OEM by ez flash, an exact clone of the ez vi), which uses a fork of the ez flash vi firmware coded by team ez flash. i was unable to get any of the scummvmds builds working on it.

-another world