Repository down?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Firago

Repository down?

Post by Firago »

Hi everybody,
I've tried to add the repository in every possible way, in section zone or by enter the "http://urbanfanatics.com/cydia/" address in source page, but the repo seems down. Please tell me if i'm doing something wrong. Thx
Firago

Post by Firago »

Please someone, i really need the ipad version 1.1.1 which is not in the download page of this site. Also the .deb file is appreciated.
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

This has been asked several times in the past, did you try searching the forums?
Firago

Post by Firago »

I'm searching for the solution all over this site and google, i' ve found the deb for the iphone release 1.1.1, but i need the ipad version and there' s no way to install the repository or add the source, always give posix error. Please help me
HunterZ

Post by HunterZ »

Looks to me like the repo is indeed down, been getting connection errors in Cydia for the past couple of days and I can't connect to urbanfanatics.com in my web browser.
chrislu

Post by chrislu »

yes the repository seems down.
HunterZ

Post by HunterZ »

Who owns the urbanfanatics repo?
LuBJe

Post by LuBJe »

Have no idea, but I hope they'll respond soon :(

I was trying to install scummvm so I can play Day Of The Tentacle on my iPhone.
But as long as the repos isn't available, I can't..
HunterZ

Post by HunterZ »

I think you may be able to install without Cydia, assuming you have MobileTerminal and/or OpenSSH installed:

1. Go to the wiki page on the iPhone port ( http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/IPhone ) and click on the "Latest Released Version" link in the upper-right corner to get a .deb installer package.

2. If you downloaded it onto your computer (as opposed to using something like Safari Download Manager to download it directly to your iPhone), push it to somewhere on your iPhone via SFTP or whatever.

3. Open a terminal on (or SSH into) your iPhone and then run the following command:

Code: Select all

dpkg -i /somepath/somefile.deb
...where "somepath" is the path to where you put the .deb file, and "somefile" is the filename (e.g. scummvm-1.1.1-iphone.deb).

I'm not sure how new the version linked from the wiki is, but once you've got it installed you can always download a nightly build and SFTP the files over the top of your install.
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

Sorry for the late response! Dreamhost had some configuration issues it looks like, it should be working again now.