InnRevival Project

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

OmerMor
Got a warning

InnRevival Project

Post by OmerMor »

Hi,
Do you think there's a chance that INN/TSN will be supported in ScummVM ? Is it somewhat compatible with SCI?
If you haven't heard already, the InnRevival project is emulating the Sierra INN server, thus enabling us to connect to that service using DosBox.
The project is hosted at http://sites.google.com/site/innrevival/,
however an easy to use installer with DosBox included can be found at http://sierrahelp.com/Misc/INNRevival.html.
clone2727
Retired

Re: InnRevival Project

Post by clone2727 »

OmerMor wrote:Hi,
Do you think there's a chance that INN/TSN will be supported in ScummVM ? Is it somewhat compatible with SCI?
Yes, but with different kernel functions. I have a patch which will add detection for the parts that do use LSCI (Large-Scale SCI) to the current engine, but it really isn't useful at the moment as the script format is also different.
OmerMor
Got a warning

Post by OmerMor »

Here's to hoping! :D
Collector

Post by Collector »

Of course another issue for incorporation in ScummVM is that many of the games available to INN are not SCI games, such as Red Baron.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

Collector wrote:Of course another issue for incorporation in ScummVM is that many of the games available to INN are not SCI games, such as Red Baron.
Which is why I said "for the parts that do use LSCI" :wink:
sithlord2

Post by sithlord2 »

Yes, I'm reviving this ancient thread :-)

Is there a decompiler for LSCI scripts, or any documentation on the INN protocol?

I'm toying around with netcat to see what the INN client sends, but I have no clue on which answers the client expects.