missing key bindings on Nokia E55

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

scorpi

missing key bindings on Nokia E55

Post by scorpi »

Hi,

I tried the S60 version of 1.0.0rc1 on my Nokia E55, which has a new keyboard which was never used in a Nokia phone before. You can see a picture of it here:

http://www.unwiredview.com/wp-content/u ... -e55-2.jpg

As you can see, it has a different layout with only two characters per key, instead of 3. As a result, most of the key bindings don't seem to work. I can use space to pause the game, the "make call" key (below the key with the home symbol, usually the green key AFAIK) acts as CTRL. CTRL+A switches the aspect ratio, CTRL+C, +M and +J changes the input to cursor, mouse or joystick, but nothing else works.

Any hints what I could try? Any more information you need?

Regards,
Tino
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Well mouse movements etc should at least work as normal, use M mouse mode to move around. What keys do you need extra for scummvm?
scorpi

Post by scorpi »

Hi,

yes, mouse movements work, and the left and right button, too. I also found out that I can map some functions to new keys (like the global options menu).

However, I still didn't manage to correct the wrong rotation. The game starts in landscape mode if the phone is in potrait orientation. If I move the phone to landscape orientation, scummvm rotates to upside-down potrait mode. So scummvm is always rotated 90° clockwise compared to the expected rotation.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Green, 'p','s','f' green if those work.
scorpi

Post by scorpi »

No, it doesn't work. The only thing that works regarding screen control is green + A.
bosone

Post by bosone »

any further improvement on this topic??

I have a Nokia E55 and i cannot use SCUMMVM.
i tried the hint for Nokia E71 but they did not work.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

I wonder if you are getting numbers of chars from that keyboard. Hmm have to be figured out.