Simon the Sorcerer 2 - Crashes and other issues

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo Wii port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Talantyyr

Simon the Sorcerer 2 - Crashes and other issues

Post by Talantyyr »

Hi,

I've recently finished Simon the Sorcerer 1 (German CD Talkie Version) and started Simon2 today.

Today my Wii crashed two times. No Exceptions, but stuck screen.

First i wanted to open the Door in the Loan Office, Simon was stuck in an animation loop where 2 (!) Simons walked in the opposite way and started again at the beginning... again and again (hard to describe, i know..)

The second crash was in the backyard of mucSwampling while Simon was picking up the fishing rod. (Clicked on the rod -> stuck)

Besides that, there's an very annoying issue with the spoken texts. They are cut up. I can see the texts, People start speaking but it's cut in the middle of the sentence. -> next sentence starts. Sometimes the Dialogue is over but i can still hear the text.

Are these known bugs? Don't know if this happens with the English version too since i do only own the german version.

Tried it with the official release + the latest SVN Snapshot from today (29.08.10). Same Results.

P.S.: It's working perfectly with Win7 + ScummVM
Talantyyr

Post by Talantyyr »

Update:

In the first place thought, that my issues might be related to USB1 as it has been with Kyrandia3, but today i've update to IOS 58, Kyra3 is working perfectly but Simon2 still has the issues with the "cut sound" and the crashes... (So it was not related to low USB Bandwith)

Any Hints?
Talantyyr

Post by Talantyyr »

Ok, my Problem is solved...

I've copied the entire CD again -> Worked flawlessly.
Compressed to ogg -> 50mb instead of 150 -> Still working, but audio quality is a bit worse...

But no cut audio and no crashes anymore... i guess something went wrong during the copying process. (got this game when i was about 10 years old, so it has a few scratches :D)