Add shortcut to actions on a game device like Dingoo 320

Discussion about other and unofficial ports of ScummVM

Moderator: ScummVM Team

bastienauneau

Add shortcut to actions on a game device like Dingoo 320

Post by bastienauneau »

Hi

I'm a developer (young but motivated !), and I got a dingoo320. I run Scummvm, and I found it not that easy to use. Especially, choosing an action (open, push etc...) makes things painfull (because there is no mouth, but a dpad).

I thought about enhancing the interface with the use of the Right or Left button (the shoulder buttons). Pushing the button once would offer the first action to whatever the pointer is pointed on. Pushing a second time would get the second action, etc... in a loop.
For example, the cursor is on a an object, let's say a box. Moving the cursor to the box will offer in most games "walk to box". In order to open the box, you need, in most games, to move the cursor wth the dpad to open, then get back to the box. you can then see "open box".

I am not familiar with Scummvm code, and I have already been to the Developer Center. Never the less, I would like some advices about what should be changed for adding such feature. Should it be done on game level ? ScummVM engine level ? Which module or class should I look at to get focus on right things directly ?

And last but not least ? Does is sound stupid ? not really possible ? (already done ?)

Thanks for advices
Bastien
Strangerke
ScummVM Developer

Post by Strangerke »

Hkz made a port for dingoo which has been added to the trunk today. Maybe you could give it a try?

Best regards,
Strangerke
cax

Great I found this post now

Post by cax »

I was also working on preparing Dingux port these days, and in fact came here to submit my work - but as far as I see Hkz's version is better: he succeed to overcome the segfault problems I had.

So I am glad I won't waste my time anymore on re-inventing the wheel. Anyway if the ScummVM team or Hkz feel I can help with the port - I can lend a hand.
hkzlab
ScummVM Developer

Re: Great I found this post now

Post by hkzlab »

cax wrote: he succeed to overcome the segfault problems I had.
Hello, the segfault problems were apparently caused by problems in the compiler found in the original dingux sdk, i had to rebuild a newer gcc version, also, the tremor libraries were f*cked up pretty good (and i hope only those), so i had to rebuild those too. A little mess.
So it probably wasn't your code fault at all. :?
Had to place a dirty hack too to avoid dingux toupper/tolower functions to avoid triggering asserts on sane values...
cax wrote: Anyway if the ScummVM team or Hkz feel I can help with the port - I can lend a hand.
A hand is always welcome!
If you have ideas (and especially patches :wink: ) please contact us.
If you need to talk to me, it's easier to use the IRC channel, i rarely read the forums.

Bye