PSP firmware version 6.20 emulator NEED HELP!

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

gypsysnail

PSP firmware version 6.20 emulator NEED HELP!

Post by gypsysnail »

I would like to know when the scummvm emulator for psp firmware v.6.20 (I have psp 3002 model) will become available.

If its not going to be avail, is there any other way I can play the sierra games using the scummvm psp emulator on my psp without breaking the psp?

Let me know real soon cheers :)

Can someone PLEEEEASE reply? I notice there has been 9 views but no replies!!
batanen

Re: PSP firmware version 6.20 emulator NEED HELP!

Post by batanen »

gypsysnail wrote:Can someone PLEEEEASE reply? I notice there has been 9 views but no replies!!
Ok. I don't know when (if ever) because I am not sure whether ScummVM team is interested in developing Half Byte Loader. Overall, the loader is still in early stage. So, do not expect playing point-and-click games in the near future.
iwantmi5

It works!

Post by iwantmi5 »

Yes, the Patapon 2 Demo exploit runs scumm games fine. I think it has to be an earlier build of the emulator, though.
Bluddy
ScummVM Developer

Post by Bluddy »

From what I understand, they're constantly working on HBL to improve it. Once it's a more stable platform we can look to see if any extra tweaks are needed.

Any idea which ScummVM version works with HBL currently?
albadross

Post by albadross »

I have been running ScummVM on the PSP Go using firmware 6.20 and HBL for quite a while now. Certainly, the current SVN version works with the current HBL (r96). If I remember correctly, I think this has been true since the last stable release of ScummVM and the r85 release of HBL.
iwantmi5

Post by iwantmi5 »

First of all, yes I know my username has become redundant, but I can't be bothered changing it. Now, onto my problem.

After starting up Curse, as soon as I interact with anything, the debug window comes up saying there's an error. I have all the game files, so what do I do.
Bluddy
ScummVM Developer

Post by Bluddy »

So you're using HBL, right?
On which PSP model?
Which version of ScummVM are you running?
What message do you get?
Do other games work fine?

The most likely problem is that since Curse uses a lot of memory, HBL is unable to provide enough memory for it at this stage. If you're using version 1.1.1, try the SVN version as it cuts back on memory usage somewhat.