Nokia E63 install problems EDIT - VIDEO ISSUES

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

RavenMcNastie

Nokia E63 install problems EDIT - VIDEO ISSUES

Post by RavenMcNastie »

Hey there,

I just got my E63 last week and decided to waste no time in cracking on and getting a few things installed. I've searched the forums and haven't been able to get my answer, so I'm hoping that someone can help me out.

I downloaded the Symbian S60 install file that's on this website and installed it just fine. However, when I open the program up, the picture keeps faltering.

At first, I get the menu just as I should, complete with flickering white cursor in the corner. However, every 2-3 seconds, the screen degenerates into a mess of purple script and sometimes goes completely blank for a moment.

Any idea what could be causing this? It's annoying me no end.

EDIT -

OK, I've managed to play around with it during the intermitions between video issues. The actual engine is working and the games load etc. However, every couple of seconds the picture flickers and if I move the cursor, it causes the area affected to get even bigger. ARGH! Any ideas?
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

This is a screenmode problem which we have seen with some other models (Like N95s, N73 etc) with special firmwares and applications installed.

These phones do support different screendepths, and something in the firmware changes this whilst running scummvm.
RavenMcNastie

Post by RavenMcNastie »

OK then, so is there is a known fix for it, or is it just not compatible? If you need me to act as a guinea pig for it, I'd happily do so.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

You can try to factory reset your phone. The thing is on most N95, N73, E63 it will run happily but on some there is this conflict. Also check that you have the latest firmware update for your phone.
RavenMcNastie

Post by RavenMcNastie »

Didn't work, just left me with a blank phone. Any other solutions?