Discworld 2 on SCUMMVM (Vista)

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Endgame

Discworld 2 on SCUMMVM (Vista)

Post by Endgame »

I was trying to run the ol' Discworld on SCUMMVM but it wouldn't work. I've read various topics and apparently you need to copy the files from a CD and put it on your hard drive.. i've done it.. no luck whatsoever.

I need a massive hand on how to install this game on my Vista computer. I've been trying for a few days now and no luck :(
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Endgame wrote:i've done it.. no luck whatsoever.
That's a bit vague. It'd probably be easier if you mentioned more exactly what you've tried, and what happened. For instance, it could mean "I don't know how to add games to ScummVM", but it could just as well mean "I tried to add the game, but ScummVM said it couldn't find any".
Endgame

Post by Endgame »

Pretty much the latter. I tried to find it with SCUMMVM and it wouldn't find it, but after searching this forum apparently I need an "UNSTABLE" version of ScummVM to pick it up?

Note: I have copied the files from Disk One and put them on the hard-drive, I have also tried DOSBox but it just became complicated. SCUMMVM seems the best option.

Any help will greatly be appreciated!

:)
Mataku

Post by Mataku »

with DW2 you have to rename some files. it's supposed to all be in the readme, i think.

edit: there you go
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Endgame wrote:Pretty much the latter. I tried to find it with SCUMMVM and it wouldn't find it, but after searching this forum apparently I need an "UNSTABLE" version of ScummVM to pick it up?
Actually, 1.0.0 or later should work.
Endgame

Post by Endgame »

Thanks guys it runs perfectly!

I may need some help when it comes to disk two but for now, its working fine. SCUMMVM = possibly one the greatest inventions since the wheel. :wink:
T.Hi

THANK YOOOOOOOOOOU!

Post by T.Hi »

Thank you guys sooooooooooo much for your answers, here! For three days now, I've been searching the web trying to find out how to run the DiscWorld game I downloaded a few days ago. I've been had ScummVM on my comp and use it a lot, but I couldn't get it to work, even though the version I had was supposed to be the ScummVM version. I did NOT need to rename any files, but when I saw the list of necessary files, I was assured that I DO have the ScummVM version. Thus assured, I tried again. Difference was, this time instead of trying to pick one specific file - like I usually have to do - I just opened the folder, then selected "Choose" and it selected a file (or whatever it did) on its own, thereby allowing me to play, with SOUND! I am thrilled beyond words! Again, thanx so much! :D
Nowhere Girl

Re: Discworld 2 on SCUMMVM (Vista)

Post by Nowhere Girl »

I'm having a very similar problem: ScummVM says that it can't find any game in the folder. It's directly from the web, not from a CD. My system is Windows 7 64 bit. Any advice? It also doesn't work through DOSBox and since D-Fend Reloaded doesn't protest, doesn't say that these aren't DOS execs, I suppose it might not be the CD version at all?...
dreammaster
ScummVM Developer

Re: Discworld 2 on SCUMMVM (Vista)

Post by dreammaster »

Nowhere Girl wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:11 pm I'm having a very similar problem: ScummVM says that it can't find any game in the folder. It's directly from the web, not from a CD. My system is Windows 7 64 bit. Any advice? It also doesn't work through DOSBox and since D-Fend Reloaded doesn't protest, doesn't say that these aren't DOS execs, I suppose it might not be the CD version at all?...
I'm sorry, but if you don't have a legitimate copy of the game, we can't provide support.